“Diappointed ”

natalee07
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
7-Days Caribbean from San Juan, Pr, St. Thomas, Sea Day, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten. Positives: Had an entire day at each port. The room Stewards were awesome, The servers that were assigned to our table was awesome table 414 (pacific dinning room). Was able to purchase alcohol before boarding the ship to take to my room in San Juan, PR. Negatives: The staff in the buffet area on the lido deck were rude, one morning I went to the omelet station and I caught one of the passenger licking a knife that was used in the peanut butter, I ask the passenger not to put the knife back in the peanut butter because that was just nasty, he put the knife to the side and I placed it on the other side of the counter so no one else to get to it, I then proceed to call one of the guys behind the counter and he just ignored me. Lack of wait staff to assist with getting coffee and water and such items that the passengers needed. The ship catered to Spanish and to the diverse culture that was on the ship (the clubs played a lot of Spanish music). Lacking in activities. Food selection in the dinning room after day number three went down, it went from OK to bad. Room: The shower curtain at the bottom was brown and not white as the rest of the curtain. The shower wall had black areas that looked like mold. The room was small in comparison to Princess Cruises. The room had a bad odor, I could definitely tell that the ship was old. The balcony was small as well. The excursion on the cruise was over priced, therefore I did the excursions with the locals. I was told that Carnival is trying to cut out the Reggae band on this cruise and that would be a mistake because they were awesome. I will try other cruise lines. I will not get on this ship again.
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8547
Small Balcony Bad odor to room Shower wall had black spots on the wall like mold. I was not pleased. Will not take this cruise again.

Island Tour
The driver took us to a residential area and we were able to see the green monkeys on the side of the street.
Port
Before the cruise I took the complimentary trolley around Old San Juan, Did the fort and the Bacardi distillery.
Read 2,276 San Juan Reviews
Port
Took a tour with a private company. The drive to get to the volcano was an hour and a half which was took long of a ride. I am ecstatic that I got to see the drive in volcano and I was able experience the mineral bath.
Published 12/09/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Victory Review
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?