Viking Sun Cruise Review by november2012: Honeymoonerson the Rhine

Honeymoonerson the Rhine

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Other

For our honeymoon, my wife and I decided on a Viking cruise down the Rhine. It was my first time in Europe and my wife's second time, but first time in Germany.

The staff on board was unbelievable. Very attentive and well trained. Tom, our program director helped make our trip very special. His attention to detail was immpecable and the way he interacted with the guests made everyone feel comfortable. Oliver, our hotel manager was equally as nice and accomodating. My wife and I were invited to join Oliver and Captain Harald at the Captain's table for dinner on the final night, which was an unexpected treat.

Everyday, the food was great. We took Oliver's recommendation each night for dinner and was never disappointed. I can not say enough about the service on the ship! They were very nice. Always smiling and saying hello. They also liked to have fun with us, which we appreciated.

The excurisons that were selected for the group were very fun and informative. More The extra side excursions that we chose to do were amazing. Dinner at a German restaurant with live music and the Cologne Beer Culture tour were a lot of fun. The Christmas Markets were a nice treat. Our fellow cruisers made us feel very comfortable, (we were the youngest on the ship,) and we mad a number of new friends.

All-in-all, we had an amazing time with Viking River Cruises and we have been back for only two days and have already recommended you to our friends and family. Thanks again to the ENTIRE staff and crew of The Viking Sun!! You went above and beyond and exceeded every expectation that we had!!!

Ken and Vanessa, New Jersey Less

Read more Viking Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Sun Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Sun 221

The rooms were more than adequate.

Spend as much time as you can inside and around the cathedral.