Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by ighlch

Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: Bal
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Excellent Cruise
I have just read two reviews of the cruise we were on and feel that they are very unfair and do not represent what was a great cruise visiting many interesting ports with links to classical Europe. Maybe the person writing as "expertcruise" should be disappointed with his Western Mediterranean cruise as it went to the Eastern Mediterranean!

Reflection did have an engine problem but at times it was still cruising at 18kts and meant one more sea day and missing Rhodes but it did mean we had extra time in some ports e.g. Piraeus which allowed for visiting Athens in the evening.

The extra sea day was a little rougher than all the other days but it was only a short sea and did not cause me any nausea. (I'm not immune to sea sickness but and have survived a Force 10 across the Bay of Biscay on P&O Aurora) I spent time in the very pleasant sky lounge with great views of the coast.

Entertainment was excellent particularly if you stayed for the whole show. The cruise entertainment was the weakest part so not seeing too much of him was not a problem. Comedian not my cup of tea but the "youngsters" who gave us three shows were first class. They were backed up by a variety of specialist performers of which the tenor with his West End musical experience was my favourite (although amplification was a little too high.

As we visited a large number of ports boredom was not on the agenda and the few sea days were a time to recuperate from the very busy exploring (mostly on DIY excursion)of the fantastic sites eg Ephesus, Rome, Capri and others.

It was really good not to have too many announcements in the cabin but if you wanted to hear these it was simply a question of switching on the TV and tuning into Channel 5(I think).

We were kept informed of our engine troubles both by announcements and some typed information delivered by our steward and as I am not a marine engineer I was not interested in the intricacies of the issue just that of safety.

This cruise was suitable for those people who were interested in exploring ancient parts of Europe with other interesting opportunities for the natural world as well as shopping. If you are wanting 24hour entertainment other cruise lines might be more suitable.

Publication Date: 12/05/12