Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by egyptnqeen: The rudest adults and children

egyptnqeen
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

The rudest adults and children

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

My cousin and I had looked forward all year to going to San Juan, St. Kitts, Aruba, St. Thomas and Curacao. We arrived a day earlier and stayed at the Sheraton (Convention Center). This should have been a clue as to how it was going to go. The adults as well as children knock you out of the way if they want to get in front of you with not even an excuse me. On the cruise I was knocked out of the way by a child of approximately 10 years old while trying to take a picture of an ice sculpture on deck. His parents did nothing . His parents had a clear shot of what he did. For the first two days of the cruise the children dominated the ADULTS area: the pool and the hot tub. Finally, on the second day, a staff member did say something to the parents who had a BABY (of about 5-6 months) in the ADULT hot tub. This is both dangerous for the child and VERY RUDE and INCONSIDERATE to other people. My cousin and I went to the theater twice to watch a movie and were tormented by LOUD and More OBNOXIOUS teenagers both times.

ROOM: The junior suite was wonderful. This is the best cabin on a ship I have ever had. I usually have a balcony. There was even a tub! The room was spacious and the balcony wonderful Our room steward, Aloma, was excellent.

Dining: I was very disappointed in the dining room. The first night we sat at a table by the window and loved it. The second night our table number had been moved to another table. I asked about it and was told that the first night was a mix up. I still find it strange that 2 people got a table by themselves by the window while my cousin and I and another couple are switched to the next table. The staff did not even try to see what they could do to try to make up for the switch. The food was okay, so we did not go back until lobster night. We found that we loved the Windjammer. The food was better, more selection, and nicer staff. The staff in the Windjammer could not do enough for us. I was carrying soup for myself and my cousin , when a waiter stopped me and took them. He carried them to the table for me. However, while getting sanitizer a child put her hand on top of my cousins. This is so unbelievably rude. The food at Johnny Rockets was excellent. However, the waitress was very rude. My cousin and I arrived early before noon and were told we could wait if we wanted. So, we waited on an outside table by the window. At noon, the waitress on our end waited on the family behind us that showed up approximately 25 minutes after us! We waited 30 minutes for them to open and everyone got waited on but us! I stopped one of the waiters and told him we still had not been waited on while everyone else had. He was asking the waitress why she had not waited on us and she she told him the other people were here first. I lost it. Normally I am meek, mild and non-confrontational. But after being pushed, shoved (have a large bruise on my arm from a child knocking me into a wall), no peace on the ship without some adult or ill mannered child aggravating me, I marched in there and said "oh, no mam I have been here since 30 minutes prior to opening. Do you think I got a "I am so sorry mam, I am so sorry I did not see you, I apologize let me get your order?" Oh no, I got "it not my fault" very , very, rude. She was actually indignant to me. Why, because I had the audacity to say something. The food, however, was wonderful. I loved the milkshake and hamburger.

Entertainment: I liked it, but there again people were recording and using flash photography. Like I said a sea of rudeness.

Spa: The spa treatment was excellent, however, I did not understand my bill. I had to go up to the spa twice. The first time customer service told me to go up there nobody would answer. The second time I thought the manager fixed it. Oh what a nightmare. I had to go to the ninth floor get my suitcase out of the hall and get the product. Then I had to run up to the twelfth floor again. Then I had to put the product back in my suit case and put it back in the hall. The day of return my bill is the same and my cousin's bill is the one that had been messed with and then put back the same. I was told to wait 20 minutes. So, I am so upset I don't even taste breakfast. Then when we go back to the line on the fifth floor; we are told to got up to the spa. Now, my cousin looses it. I am in tears at this point. The manager of the spa then finally explains the bill on the phone. Now, after I hang up I realize that the treatments on my bill are still more than the flyer had said, but I have had enough. I still don't understand the bill.

Shopping: The shopping guides are excellent. They are courteous, and extremely helpful. Genuinely nice people. Ross and Christina are the best.

Ports: The ports are wonderful, beautiful ports. I love the islands.

Excursions: I went on a train in St. Kitts and it is excellent. I took a city tour in Curacao and it was great. I took a taxi to the beach in Aruba, and was absolutely beautiful. Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Adventure of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 6 9298

I had a great, quiet location. Thank goodness because the ship was over taken with rude children. The bathroom was spacious and had a tub. The closet was a spacious walk in. The cabin was excellent. The view from the balcony excellent. The balcony was spacious and even had a lounge deck chair on it. The bed was very comfortable.

Island Tour

I loved it! We went to a beach and saw historical sites.

Train tour around the island and a catamaran back. EXCELLENT

Historic Site

(5.5)
Loved it! I could have even swam if I had brought a bathing suit. It was blackbeard's castle. After the tour, walked into town.