Carnival Dream Cruise Review by dodcruiselover

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Dream Cruise Review by dodcruiselover
Carnival Dream
Carnival Dream
Member Name: dodcruiselover
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: other
        10-12 4.0

Another Wonderful Carnival Cruise
Boarding the ship in Port Canaveral was no problem. Easy and quick. We stayed in Orlando the night before boarding and the drive to Port Canaveral was less than an hour.

Our adjoining interior cabins were great. There were a few times when our boys got locked out due to one of them forgetting their keys but otherwise we were thrilled to have two cabins that adjoined. The boys were always able to get into their room with no problem. Also, the cabins were very spacious and clean.

Ports of call, Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We did not get off the ship in the Bahamas. We have been there several times and decided instead to work on our tans that day. The only complaint I have is the odd smell on the back of the ship. I am not sure what the problem was but the back deck of the ship consistently smelled like a toilet. On days the ship was moving the smell was not as bad.

St. Thomas, we did the Champagne Catamaran to St. John's. A very nice excursion and everyone in our party 2 Adults and 2 kids 13 and 12 enjoyed themselves.

St. Maarten early morning we did the America's Cup Regatta excursion as a family. Well worth the money. Fun for all and best of all we won! In the afternoon my husband and I took a cab to a (I can't remember the name :( )beach. We were not thrilled as there was a lot of seaweed on the beach. We caught a cab back to the downtown area and got in the water there. St. Maarten is beautiful and I wish we had spent more time walking among the shoppes that are on the interior of the downtown area. FYI you can grab a cab for a few bucks downtown no need to water taxi unless you just want to.

Not much to complain about on this trip. The food was great, our waitstaff in the Scarlett Dining room was awesome and we got everything we have come to expect from a Carnival Cruise. The only thing I would ask Carnival is can you PLEASE start the dance clubs earlier in the evening. I love to dance but we had to wait until 10 or so each night to make it to the night clubs for dancing. After an awesome filling dinner at 6 I am ready to dance at 8 PM. Please consider opening one of the many bars for club style dancing at 8. We can't all stay up till 1 AM you know.

There were lines for food at the lido deck during the day but I certainly never went hungry. Nor did anyone else in our group. My boys enjoyed the Circle C activities and we barely saw one of them during the trip.

All in all another great Carnival Cruise!

Publication Date: 12/05/12