Norwegian Sky 4

sswingfield
Member Since 2007
3 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

So needed a quick break and decided to try ncl. Its one of the only main lines i hadnt tried. Inside room was small, but not as small as royal carribeans. It had everything we needed including a good sized bathroom, lots of recent movies and quick room service. I really liked the staff. Except for the hal westerdams staff being a bit better overall, i really liked this ships people. The room stewart was excellent, the cruise director funny and the ladies at the customer service desk really nice. Except for one waiter in a bit of a hurry the dining room staff were nice too.

While i will agree there were too few whirlpools i loved it when i could get in the one on deck twelve. The pressure of the jets were perfect for my hips and back.the steam room and sauna were nice although i missed having a thermal suite. I really enjoyed the comics and for once i liked the gift shop.

I though the food overall was good, except for the steaks. We got to sit by the aft window twice More in the dining room which was a treat. I thought the dining room food was better on princess and celebrity but of course they are pricier lines. Really enjoyed the lunches though. Delicious soups, and i loved the exotic salads, like thai ones, latina salads and indian food. Some of their deserts were amazing at lunch. Liked it that you could get snacks in the outdoor cafe too, late breakfasts also. Roomservice was swift and good. Breakfast okay but might need more variety.always good bacon and frenchtoast though.

In nassau we walked over to junkanoo beach behind senior frogs and had a relaxing day. Ocean water was perfect and so pretty. Many families there. Nice clean bathrooms and good refreshments. Enjoyed shopping our way back to ship.

In grand bahamas shared cab to our lucaya, went to beach by police station. Beautiful water, so clear, lovely white sand and palm trees for miles. Lots to eat and drink and we enjoyed shopping in the straw market afterwards.

Unfortunately we didnt get to go to their private island but i had # relaxingday at sea. I like ncl. Less

Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas

Published 12/05/12

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review

Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?