Emerald Princess Cruise Review by dandonna

Cruise Date: November 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: BA
Cabin Number: C534
See More About: Emerald Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Emerald Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Emerald Princess Deck Plans
Princess classy as usual!
First off let me say to all of those absurdly picky travellers with complaints on minor issues like standing in a line or your room not being made up exactly when you want it to be...GET LOST! LOL I swear my wife and I go on vacation to have fun and we have fun every single time. Unfortunately we had to listen to a passenger complain loudly about something he or she hadn't received. LOL It is a vacation and you are damn lucky to be able to afford such a nice cruise...enjoy it!

Okay back to positive stuff. Our balcony guarantee paid off in a big way as we received an upgrade to Caribe 534 awesome balcony room with a giant balcony which we used everyday. From morning coffee to evening cocktails to even some spur of the moment Whoopee; yes I said it. PS- Our cabin steward Sigfreid was awesome and we tipped him well. (They truly work hard)

The cruise ship was immaculate and all we saw was crews continuing to clean, paint, and fix things throughout the cruise. Nice job Princess.

All the pool areas were fun and clean and never a problem finding a chair or someone to get us a cocktail.

In terms of activities there was something for everyone. My wife loved the Zumba classes, dance classes, and Bingo which she won $100 bucks. I loved the football games on the giant movie screen by the pool and I loved my fellow cruisers. I met a ton of nice people from all over the world.

We really enjoyed both Sabbatinis (too much food but delicious) and Crown Grill(fantastic steak and top notch service) specialty restaurants; a great treat. We also did the Ultimate Balcony Dinner which was too good for words. Absolutely phenomenal; a must do if you have a balcony. In terms of the Main dining room it would be nice if princess mixed it up a bit with theme nights in the dining room; Caribbean night, Italian night, Mexican night, etc as the dining room was good but it did get a bit stale.

Entertainment was fine and first night show and the marriage game were the best. They had great live music throughout the cruise.

Everything on the trip went fine the usual delays here and there but nothing to bat an eye at. PS- Loved the Cosol tour company in St. Lucia; highly recommend them. This was our first 10 day cruise and we are now planning our first 14 day cruise and of course it will be with Princess. Happy sailing everyone!

Publication Date: 12/05/12