Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by habsexpos: Vision of the Seas- Nov. 23-Dec 03, 2012

Vision of the Seas 4
Member Since 2009
0 Forum Posts

Compare Prices on Vision of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Vision of the Seas- Nov. 23-Dec 03, 2012

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

This was our 8th Royal Caribbean cruise and definitely the best. I came with low expectations because of previous Cruise Critic reviews. Happily we did not encounter similar issues as others or maybe other reviewers are more difficult to please. Yes the ship is small and ready for a refurbishment but it wasn't in the disrepair as some people mention here on Cruise Critic. Food was good, service was outstanding and in general the employees worked very hard. The only service issues I found was ironically with Guest Services. I provided the person with a discount card for an internet package and asked whether I should register beforehand and she responded with a very sarcastic "of course you do". Second time when I asked for a printout of my sea-pass account another person seemed angry that I would ask for such a thing. Wireless internet on my laptop was pretty quick in all areas of the ship considering we were at sea. However, internet was slow on RCCL computers conspiracy theory would More be that that RCCL does this on purpose! Many reviewers mention that Royal Caribbean has cut staff, this showed with our room attendant, took very long to get our cabin cleaned in the morning.
Random thoughts:
- Embarkation very quick and smooth
- 45 minutes from pier arrival to lunch at the Windjammer
- Ship was clean and ready for passengers
- Room was promptly ready at 1 PM
- Luggage arrived shortly after
- Entertainment and music selection was excellent
- Many passengers voiced their satisfaction for the cruise
- RCCL need to review some port destinations. Roseau, Domenica was dirty and the port was far from the city centre.
- Disembarkation was quick and without issue
- Nice relaxing cruise on a small ship
- Surpassed expectations
- Royal Caribbean should look at their staffing levels at key customer contact areas
- Customer Focused Quality training should be given to Guest Services employees. Less

Published 12/05/12