Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by milheloman

Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 4G

NASTY 7 days ever
Now for this sorry cruise line Carnival. I will never use this company again, I will also not recommend it through the Employees of Wal-Mart Corp in Bentonville Arkansas as my wife is well know with that company. And I work for PHI helicopters in Louisiana with is Hugh in the Oil and Gas company.

Clerison, here are some of my grips I found using this company and or cruise boat . My back ground is I have traveled 42 cruise to-date, I am retired military and I have traveled the world.

The cruise line on check in was fast and straight on board after I completed all the required documents on line. However My family could not enter the rooms until 1330 hours. Then at the end of the trip they required us to leave the rooms at 0800 and sit in the common area until 1000 hours .

The Boat did not depart the New Orleans Post scheduled at 1600 hours and the cruise director reported over the PA system the due to the long trip to Belize we will be taking on extra fuel ! .... This was not planned in advance ?.

We departed the port at 2100 hours so there was no daylight so see the Mississippi river on departure as planned :(.

The first two days at sea were cold wet raining so no outside activities were there. So on the boat the crew scheduled only one item per hour to do. If you did not like the one item scheduled you were just stuck on the ship. Other companies schedule 3 or 4 items to do when on the boat per hour. The dinner table the boat set up for my four family members were at a large table with 6 other nice folks however we were stuck in a corner upper deck and as far as away from the main dinning hall as you can get :(.

First day in port was now changed from Belize to Honduras so what about all that extra fuel? also since they changed the route I had set up my own trip off the boat and since we did not get to the correct ports as schedule I lost my deposit in both ports :(,,,,, The cruise ship pulled into mahogany bay this is a long ways from west end where I was thinking we would dock. The cruise line has built a private shopping center and beach area that they force you through. Also in this port we arrived late did not dock until 0900 and was required to be back on the boat at 1630 hours

Because the boat set up and routed everyone down one area you had to stop and have your photo taken :( this would be OK for people that want it but they made everyone do it to sell photos. Doing this caused the exit off the boat to be at 1100. This gave my family 5 and 1/2 hours on the island not good at all.

Next morning we arrived in Belize we did not stop until 0900. The boat would not let you off the boat until everyone that purchased a carnival set up trip was off first. This put us on the mainland of Belize at 1200 hours which you can see no time after that to do anything in Belize other than shop at the port :( errrr. Then we had to be back on board by 1630 hours.

next day at sea it rained all day to the next port.

next day we pulled into Cozumel and did not get to exit the boat until 1030 hours. This day was nice on the island however the boat made us report back on the ship at 1630 hours and still did not depart the port until 1900 hours. :(.

Now while on the boat I asked the DJ to play Country music and in his words we don't play that shit on this boat!. When I made a issue he played 2 songs and then back to the RnB and Rap music. Lots of folks on board were from Texas like me and wanted to dance Country but could not anywhere on the boat.

The Sauna area was closed at 10 pm every night my dinner time was 2015 so I had to hurry to enjoy the sauna before 10 pm. However every night the cleaning crew would be in the sauna closing the area off to clean !...

Now if you did not want to eat in the dinning table you did not get any food other than pizza or room service which is only cold sandwich, The buffet was always closed during this time.

This is the first cruise that I had to pay for orange juice and or grapefruit also. If you purchase a soda badge for the trip it was 55 bucks and every time you went to get a soda they charged 15 percent extra per drink.

The boat completely shut down at 2400 hours every night unless you wanted to gamble of which I don't do and if I did I had to hold my breath going through there because the smoke was so strong your clothing would stink like smoke. When the boat closed everything the only place to eat would be the pizza place :( errr

During the main setting of the dinner time the food was always cool never hot, You did not have a very good choice. If you asked for a desert not on the menu you would not get it. I say this because I like cheesecake and it was never served.

The outside area was always hip hop, Rap, RnB music super loud and when eating by the pool you could not talk to your friends ever, and again if you asked them to play country they would not do it. Sitting at the pool late night watching the outdoors movie as scheduled the screen would drop the movie and revert back to carnival advertisements and never go back to the movie they had on, :( errr

Last the cruise director was lack luster he did not shine or impress me on this cruise he was never involved in the activities of the boat other than the mandatory items scheduled. The Captain and his officers were never seen on the cruise at all.

The cruise line is not run well this ship was nasty, the food was nasty, the entertainment was not good, I have had beet trips with the US Army. I will never sail again with this line or this ship for sure. NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE!!!!!.

TIM DUNCAN