Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Westbank is bestbank

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Westbank is bestbank
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Conquest
Member Name: Westbank is bestbank
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4G
See More About: Carnival Conquest Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great cruise.....bad weather!
We arrived at the port at about 11:00 a.m. and the lines were really long...which I expected. It was pouring down raining when we boarded the ship and it continued to rain until after we set sail. I always felt sorry for people who had to embark in the rain and this time it was me :0( I'm so used to hanging out on the Lido deck when we set sail so I just didn't know what to do with myself. We had lunch at Guy's burgers......wonderful.....need I say more. I heard how great the burgers were and I thought "how good could a burger really be". Well I was wrong. This was, by far, the best cheeseburger I ever ate in my entire life. By the way, I ate one every day of the cruise. Besides the Conquest, I've sailed on the Elation a few times and the Magic. The Conquest had the most amazing pizza of all. The crust was crispier than I've had on the other Carnival ships. The lines at the buffet was terrible. I've never experienced a 30 minute wait in line for buffet food on any other cruise. I can't help but wonder "what was the problem"???? And I sure missed having a Wok on board.

Service was all around wonderful. I've always been impressed by the hard work and long hours expected of the staff. Entertainment was just ok....nothing to brag about.

In my opinion...the stadium/elevated area of the Lido deck was strange. It seems that it would be more spacious without that. It seemed difficult to maneuver around the Lido deck.

The first day at sea was disappointing because it was really cold. None of this is Carnival's fault, I understand,....we can only blame mother nature and myself for booking a Bahama cruise in November. First port was Key West. I really liked walking the streets of Key West and we participated in the pub crawl. The pub crawl was a blast. The only bad thing was it's scheduled at 11 am. so we didn't have time to do much before the crawl and not much time to do anything after the crawl either. Oh, and by the way, the weather was beautiful in Key West. The next day we were approaching Freeport but with 46 mph winds the boat was unable to dock. Had to miss that port....again....so disappointing. The one good thing that came out of this was we arrived in Nassau that evening so we were able to walk the streets of Nassau and visit Atlantis for free. You can view the resort and the aquarium for free in the evenings. This was a plus because we planned to do the Atlantis water-park the next day. Since we already seen the resort this gave us more time to enjoy the water-park....which was really hard to do because....yes you guessed it...the cold front was arriving so we almost froze to death doing the slides. The winds were so strong that no one was allowed to enter the water at the beach which was too cold anyway.

Finally, the two sea days on the way back home was warm and sunny and enjoyable. I have always been pleased with each and every Carnival cruise. Even thought the weather was bad the ship provided a really smooth ride. I apologize about the negative comments about the weather. It's just that I was soooo looking forward to laying on the Bahama beaches on a hot sunny day and it didn't happen.

Publication Date: 12/04/12