Viking Emerald 5

“A most amazing experience”
Cruise review of Viking Emerald

myisabellaprincess
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

Hats off to Viking River Boat cruises for designing and flawlessly carrying out the most amazing trip of a lifetime. From the time we arrived at the airport in Shanghai till we bid farewell for our return flight back to the US from Hong Kong we were accompanied by a phenomenal guide named Peter who gave us every possible consideration. We saw and experienced so much that upon return and reviewing our photos it would be hard to imagine we could have been that many places, experienced that many things in such a short time.

We spent a variety of days before and after our actual cruise in exquisite five star hotels in Shanghai, Beijing, Wuhan, Guilan and HongKong all included and arranged in the Viking trip plan. We boarded the actual river boat in Wuhan and disembarked in Chongking.

This was not a trip for anyone looking to rest and dally along the way. We were in movement and experiencing the many flavors, sights and sounds of this country I really knew very little More about. The food was great, the included tours delightful and the sights will probably not be measured against anything I've ever experienced before.

If you have the chance do not miss this trip. Probably the only change i would make knowing what I know now is the time of the year weather wise. We didn't have rain but every day was either 100 or close and very high humidity. Knowing what I know now, I probably would recommend making this trip in September.

But whenever you go, it will rank as a trip of a lifetime... Less

Viking Emerald Cruises to Asia

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

329
We booked a Mini Suite and were assigned room 329. It was very convenient to everything on the ship, and was comfortable. The beds and bedding were marvelous. The service went beyond exceptional. We were greeted with an excellent assortment of fruit and bottle of champagne. Each day the fruit was freshened and added to.

Published 12/04/12

Read Cruise Critic's Viking Emerald Review

Viking Emerald Cruises to Asia

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?