Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by norcal2: Intimate, Short and Sweet

Compare Prices on Carnival Paradise Western Caribbean Cruises

Intimate, Short and Sweet

Sail Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

Getting on and off the ship was made simple for cruisers from the first arrival to the final disembarking stages. That was the best I have experienced in terms of speed and efficiency.

We are used to balcony cabins so this was an experiment for us getting a window cabin without a balcony. It was a short 5 day cruise and the lack of balcony proved not to be an issue at all. The cabin was comfortable but oddly configured in terns of the TV in the corner and this big box thing under it that required you to crawl over the bed to look outside (what were they thinking?) The room steward was fa ntastic and no matter when we left the cabin we always came back to a cleaned roon. More so than most times we've criuised. It was great. The bathroom soaps and goodies are not so good. They appeared to be free samples handed out at grocery stores. LOL. You may want to bring your own. That part was a turnoff but I guess expenses have to be saved somewhere.

The fun all More happens at the karaoke in the Leonardo room and I can't carry a note so we went just to enjoy listening to some great talent. Who knew? You never know what you are going to be treated to by other cruisers. A lot of talented people cruise it seems. Pretty fun!

In Grand Cayman we just booked a tour when we got there. We paid $15 for a tour listed as approximately $50 if booked with the ship. In Cozumel we just took a cab for $7 to the Plaza which is where we always go. I was not feeling good so we just laid low. We have gone to Cozumel many times so it was as great as usual. Seemed like prices were up a bit there but not bad.

I thought this more intimate ship was charming and has its own benefit for a laid back and fun setting. It seemed that on this ship we all got to know people more as the odds are you'd run into them now and then. I expected not to like it because I am used to the larger ships but this was just a great short cruise and well worth sailing on this ship. Less

Read more Carnival Paradise cruise reviews >>