Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by suepell: NCL Sun Nov 14, 2012

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Southern Caribbean Cruises

NCL Sun Nov 14, 2012

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

After doing the freestyle, I believe I prefer the traditional style. I like having the same waiter every evening which makes for better service. I also like getting to know the other table mates on the traditional.

The freestyle was nice as you are not rushed to go to dinner whether you are hungry or not. We opted to have other guests sit at our table and met some interesting people.

I definitely liked the smaller ship over the mega ships. The staff seemed more attentive to the passengers. You have more interaction with the other passengers as you see them time and again.

The complimentary dining was a big disappointment. Service was poor to fair. Food was awful. I'm feeling this is ncl's way of pushing you to book the specialty restaurants.

The entertainment was average. The band in dazzles was excellent as well as, the band in the observation lounge. The band at the pool wasn't very good. Too much instrumental stuff without vocals. The hypnotist, More the comedian were very good.

The ship itself is in need of repairs to it's flooring. Many times as your walking the floor is soft and you sink slightly. The aft stairway is the worst. Didn't wear heels when we went to dinner in the aft dining room. Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sun Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Pool Deck 0030

Lots of storage space but very noisy from the movement of chairs and tables from the deck above.

Beach Break

(3)
Was not the beaches listed online. Suppose to be 3 beaches and ended up being 2 neither of which was listed. Snorkeling was ok. Palm beach was enjoyable tho not the original beach.

Snorkeling

(3)
not much to see.

nothing special. they served rum and coke throughout the ride. I believe the rum to be alcohol free as no one on the bus got even a buzz. There was live music on the bus which stopped for some street dancing. They were suppose to serve some sort of lunch under a pavilion but that never happened. The locals were a constant barrage to get you to buy their goods. Would not recommend this excursion.

(5.5)
I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and the architecture on this island. I was also glad the locals didn't follow and keep at you to buy their goods. They accepted a no and moved on.
Read 502 Curacao Reviews

My favorite. Went downtown shopping and the public beach was right there. They had a special deal. 1 umbrella, 2 chaise lounges and 5 beers for $20. Many people took advantage of this deal as the beach was packed but very enjoyable.

Went to Secret beach of which I had never heard of till this trip. Was a very nice quiet beach as 5 ships were in port and wanted to get away from the hustle. This was a nice little beach for relaxing.
Read 2332 St. Thomas Reviews