Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by viavado

Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: South Pacific
Cabin Category: AC
Cabin Number: D703
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Getting there is half the fun
The 28 day cruise aboard the Sapphire Princess was the longest cruise my wife and I have ever taken. I was afraid it might be too long, but much to my surprise,I was disappointed when we got back to Los Angeles.

The main reason we booked this cruise was because we live near Los Angeles, we wanted to see Tahiti, and we hate the hassle of flying. This cruise was perfect for us. We were dropped off at the Port and were on board eating lunch within an hour.

The Sapphire Princess was recently remodeled and had the appearance of a new ship. Our room was was the typical Princess interior, but everything was clean and fresh. The public areas were all nicely decorated.

We enjoyed watching the Presidential debates, and the World Series "Under the Stars" on the big screen TV next to the pool. Being out to sea for as long as we were, I was surprised at the variety and quality of entertainment provided. I have to mention the Hawaiian Dancers and the Tahitian Dance troupe were exceptional, and a must see if you take this cruise.

I want to remind everyone to book your excursions on line as soon as you can. I forgot to book an excursion in Moorea and by the time I remembered everything was filled. The ship did add a tour at the last minute, but I would have been lost trying to find something on my own.

I never thought I would ever go to Western Samoa, but I have to tell you, it is the most friendly and beautiful island I have ever been too. The people are so proud of their island. They keep it amazingly clean and love to show it off. Every person we passed, waved and smiled. I would highly recommend a visit.

I was surprised at the number of passengers we met that had taken this cruise, or the Hawaiian cruise before. Some of them as many as 6 times. They just enjoyed the ship and the cruise. My favorite on board activity was the Ukulele lessons. I hope they keep them.

I thought the food was good, but I do have to say, if you have the anytime dining, you have to find a dining room you like. Until we found a Waiter and Maitre D you like, we felt ignored in some of the dining rooms. We finally ended up in the Pacific Moon Dining Room. Frances the Maitre D always had our table ready, and Simeon our waiter and Yahany, gave us excellent service.

The only negatives on our trip was the casino, which needs updating, and the surprising number of plumbing problems we encountered.

All in all this was a great cruise, and I would recommend it to the people like us, that cruise not so much for the destination, but because you love to cruise.

Publication Date: 12/03/12