Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by wheatengirl: Great vacation and loved the Epic

wheatengirl
Member Since 2003

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great vacation and loved the Epic

Sail Date: November 2012

I will start with a little background information. We are a married couple with no children I our fifties traveling with friends. We had side by side cabins so with the balcony open made it very convenient.

We enjoyed this cruise as much as any cruise that we have been on with any cruise line. There is so much entertainment and we enjoyed everything that we did. There is just not enough time to do everything that one might want to do. My favorite show was the Blue Man group. Not knowing anything about this show before going, it really kept me on the edge of my seat. Much has been written about the food at Cirque and while we really enjoyed our meal there we felt like it was distracting eating while watching the show. Slam Allen in the Jazz club was fabulous and we really enjoyed a lot time in that venue. We went with the casinos at sea so we spent a lot of time in the casino and although we were not winners we really enjoyed the casino. It was so large and with a lot More of slot machines to choose from. My husband is a table player and he enjoyed the interaction with the dealers, very friendly.

We went to several pay restaurants and enjoyed Le Bistro the most. The food was great and if you get Wendy for your server she is very friendly and made our dinner there special. We all had something different and the food was very good. Teppenyaki was our least favorite of the pay restaurants that we went to and The food was just ok. We ate several times at O'sheehan's and really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. You just can't beat watching football on the large screen tv from that venue.After our cruise we were all in agreement that the food and service was so good in the main dining room Taste that we could have eaten there every night and been happy. Yes, the specialty restaurants are special but the main dining room is great also. We felt as though this food was some of the best that we had on any cruise that we have taken. Usually we ate around 6 pm each evening and we had impeccable service and loved the freestyle concept. We never had to wait. We ate breakfast in the Garden Cafe every morning and the food was fresh and loved the made to order omelette. For lunch I couldn't get enough of the chicken fingers and fries although we only ate lunch there a few times since we had a early dinner.

We spent one afternoon riding the slides and we had a blast! All age groups were on them and if you don't try them you will miss a good time.

Finally, about those crazy bathrooms, maybe since my husband and I have been married for so long we liked the set up very much. Since one could be using the sink while the other showered we felt like we saved time getting dressed and we not in one another's way as much as the traditional set up.

In summary, this cruise provided us everything that we were looking for in a vacation. Very enjoyable and would love to go on the Epic again to do all of the things that we missed. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Balcony Stateroom Deck 8 12140

Cabin 12140. Great location, quiet, you look straight down to the ocean from the balcony and not onto the life boats.