Carnival Pride Cruise Review by stevepd

Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: 8D
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        10-12 1.0
        16+ 2.0
Embarkation Not Rated

Carnival is not so good
Won't take carnival again. If it's not for getting nickeled and dimed the whole the trip it's the general attitude of the employees and the company itself.Embarkation was a mess. They bumped the board time twice. Ended up leaving late at 8pm. Got on board and found out they lost the 5 x $30 transaction for soda cards. Soda cards to not print out from documentation. Which led me to track everything on boat. The $15 bucks credit per passenger was two rather than three on the sign card review, then when we called they put it on, the next day it was gone. So they never credited it for us.

The weather was rough going down, could not go in the pools for the rocking of the ship. There were about 87 kids in each hot tub. If you went to the one on the serenity deck, it was not open when you would want to use it. If you are in before, they dump your belongings on the deck (in high winds) rather than say anything to you or ask you to move it. I managed to get in a hot tub twice despite Carnival.

Enrichment, there was one cooking class, otherwise non existent..

Rates per say were fine. It's the nickle and dimeing you to death when you are on ship. My sons bought two watches in ships stores, within an hour they were both broke. They got them replaced, by the end of the cruise the new ones were both broke.

Dining. We went to our assigned dining room twice. The first time it took 20 min to get drinks (soda). The second time it took 45 min. The rest of the cruise we ate at the mermaid cafateria (which did not have soda's).

One good thing were the shows. The hypnosis show was hillarious.

Even though we paid the 'pre paid gratuities' you just don't get service unless you tip at the bars to get soda's (which we already paid for twice). Once I went to the bar in the promenade to get soda with my daughter and ex and they got soda's for my daughter and ex and then walked away leaving no one in the bar and me without a soda.

It was my first cruise. It sucked. I've already booked with another cruise line, will not ever spend another penny where it benefits Carnival in some way. there are many other instances of poor service, or us getting ripped off by Carnival. I provided them a list and they have not responded.

Publication Date: 12/03/12
Read the Bermuda ports review by stevepd
More Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews