Carnival Pride Cruise Review by stevepd: Carnival is not so good

Carnival is not so good

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Baltimore

Won't take carnival again. If it's not for getting nickeled and dimed the whole the trip it's the general attitude of the employees and the company itself.Embarkation was a mess. They bumped the board time twice. Ended up leaving late at 8pm. Got on board and found out they lost the 5 x $30 transaction for soda cards. Soda cards to not print out from documentation. Which led me to track everything on boat. The $15 bucks credit per passenger was two rather than three on the sign card review, then when we called they put it on, the next day it was gone. So they never credited it for us.

The weather was rough going down, could not go in the pools for the rocking of the ship. There were about 87 kids in each hot tub. If you went to the one on the serenity deck, it was not open when you would want to use it. If you are in before, they dump your belongings on the deck (in high winds) rather than say anything to you or ask you to move it. I managed to get in a hot tub More twice despite Carnival.

Enrichment, there was one cooking class, otherwise non existent..

Rates per say were fine. It's the nickle and dimeing you to death when you are on ship. My sons bought two watches in ships stores, within an hour they were both broke. They got them replaced, by the end of the cruise the new ones were both broke.

Dining. We went to our assigned dining room twice. The first time it took 20 min to get drinks (soda). The second time it took 45 min. The rest of the cruise we ate at the mermaid cafateria (which did not have soda's).

One good thing were the shows. The hypnosis show was hillarious.

Even though we paid the 'pre paid gratuities' you just don't get service unless you tip at the bars to get soda's (which we already paid for twice). Once I went to the bar in the promenade to get soda with my daughter and ex and they got soda's for my daughter and ex and then walked away leaving no one in the bar and me without a soda.

It was my first cruise. It sucked. I've already booked with another cruise line, will not ever spend another penny where it benefits Carnival in some way. there are many other instances of poor service, or us getting ripped off by Carnival. I provided them a list and they have not responded. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Empress

We got a cabin on the 7th deck aka verandah deck. Room was small. I got used to it, but it seemed small. We had myself and two sons in this room and it was hard to keep neat for lack of storge. Our cabin dude was awsome. He took great care of us despite Carnival. I pre-paid tips but wanted to encourage his awsome attitude and tipped him and the helper extra.

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

(5)
My daughter and ex signed up for the dolphin swim. It was everything advertised for. They had a good time. My sons and I went to the over priced carnival run port shops right off the boat. That sucked.

Was easy to get public transport to public beach. Daughter got a full head of braids and beads, $140. If you get it right off boat at carnival vendor you pay over $200 for same. Beach weather was rough. We still loved our time at the beach. Then went to Hard Rock Cafe for thanksgiving. As awesome as any other Hard Rock Cafe. Good service.
Read 2615 Nassau Reviews

Kennedy Space Center

(5)
Had a good time at Kennedy. Kids aspire to work in science and space. There is nothing close to the terminal. Was easy to get out to my parents area and get picked up.