Seabourn Odyssey Cruise Review by LoopieLu: Kingdoms of the Sun (Athens to Dubai)

LoopieLu
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Seabourn Odyssey Middle East Cruises

Kingdoms of the Sun (Athens to Dubai)

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Middle East
Embarkation: Other

A FIRST-CLASS Seabourn experience. Stayed overnight at the Athenaeum Intercontinental. Excellent hotel / location. Transfers / information on arrival very good.
Embarkation: Quick and easy - having lunch and first cocktail by 2pm. Great Sailaway party.

Enrichment Lectures - I cannot comment on these as I did not attend, but there were plenty on offer for those who wanted to attend.
Activities programme - there was a lot on offer each day, catering for a wide variety of interests.
Cabin and cabin staff: First class. Nothing was too much trouble. Cabin spacious, clean, quiet and extremely comfortable. My stewardess went out of her way to make sure that everything was perfect.
Food/Beverage: Excellent choice and service. All staff went out of their way to please. The bar staff always remembered my favourite drinks. The service in Seabourn Square was marvellous as was the service in all restaurants. Any additional requests were met with a smile and they were More only too pleased to do whatever they could to help.
Entertainment: Brilliant. Pierre, the pianist who played in the Observation Bar was wonderful. Rachel and the Odyssey Band who played in the Club and on deck were first class. They responded very quickly to requests for songs and if they didn't know them, made sure that they did a night or two later. Rachel is probably the best singer I have ever heard in the Club on Seabourn. The shows featuring the Seabourn Singers were excellent as were Irynna and Dmitry the dance instructors. The cruise director, assistant cruise director and social hostess (John, Brent and Annabel) were amazing. I was worn out just looking at them. They were always out and about - from early morning till late at night - circulating, talking to guests and dealing with any queries/problems and keeping us in order at Trivia! The shows they organised in the Club were brilliant as was the Rock the Boat evening.

Seabourn have the friendliest, most competent staff of all the cruise lines I have sailed with. Well done.

Overall, this was the best Seabourn cruise yet. All the guests seemed to mingle and get on well and there was a "family party" atmosphere to the whole cruise. It was Brilliant. Less

Read more Seabourn Odyssey cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Seabourn Odyssey Review >>

Cabin review: Seabourn Odyssey Penthouse Suite Deck Six 912

912 - Brilliant cabin. Spacious. Very quiet. Right near the Bridge. At the end of the corridor by the lifts to the Observation Bar, so no "thru" traffic. No shuddering or vibration. Can recommend it.

Petra Walking Tour

(5)
A long day but an excellent tour. The coach was air-conditioned. "Comfort" stops were made along the way. Initially I had been worried that I was not fit enough for all the walking involved, but it was fine. We were not rushed along and everyone could go at their own pace. The guide was excellent. Petra is amazing and well worth the effort. Lunch was included and that too was very good. I was very pleased that I decided to take this trip and would recommend it.

Spent a very pleasant afternoon and evening walking round the Plaka district and enjoying the views.

City Tour

(5)
I took this tour as I was flying home late in the afternoon and had not been to Dubai before. Unfortunately because of a delay in clearing the ship for disembarkation, the tour was late in leaving. This meant that our time in the Gold Souk was cut short. However, for a quick overview of Dubai, it was very good value. The coach and guide took us all around the city, stopping off at various places of interest and then dropping us off at the airport for our flights home. Good value for money.