Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by woodlandsmarc28

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by woodlandsmarc28
Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Epic
Member Name: woodlandsmarc28
Cruise Date: November 2012
Cabin Category: IB
Service Not Rated

Epic Disappointment
I was not impressed at all with crew of the NCL Epic. This ship is grossly understaffed , the crew is rude and not friendly. Here are just a few things that I experienced on my November 2012 sailing.

I received a letter in my room to report the top day because there was a problem with my luggage. I went to find my bag just sitting in a room unattended with a red sticker that said "liquor". They searched my bag top and bottom and went all into my personal belongs searching for liquor. After they found nothing they brushed me off and sent me on my way. If your not aware it is not illegal to bring on liquor the Cruise line is so worried about losing a dollar.. Absolutely Ridiculous

I have never been on a ship with such a rude staff. They are not friendly at all and seem to be not happy on the ship. There is a wait for everything especially at dinner where the average wait time was 30 to 45 min. The menu did not offer any large choices, more like the same ole same ole plus one new item each day. we heard day after day how understaffed they are.

This is a nickle and dime ship,there is a charge for just about everything. Comedy club, bowling, steam room and the list goes on. I did enjoy the Italian specialty place and 24 hr pub is great

If you are sharing a room with someone you are not close with you need to read this. The bathroom and shower are in the middle of the room and are only blocked by a curtain. You have very little privacy when taking a shower and using the toilet. The rooms have a horrible design and i cant for the life of me understand how the people at NCL looked at this bathroom and said Wow this is a great idea. The function does work.

Overall not impressed with the Staff or the Ship. It should be said that "Bigger isn't Better, Better is Better"

Publication Date: 12/02/12