Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by getupgo: Excellent Ecstasy

Excellent Ecstasy

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was our first Carnival cruise in 4 years and it was a pleasant surprise. The last one was out of New Orleans and debarkation and embarkation were a nightmare as well as the cruise itself. This one was great. We decided to give Carnival another chance simply because we wanted to go to the Bahamas for snorkeling, and Port Canaveral was convenient to our home. We found very inexpensive parking at curiseparkingofportcanaveral.com They give personal pick up and drop off. In fact, we were delayed almost an hour getting off of the ship because our liquor purchase was delivered to the wrong cabin and they had to track it down. The shuttle waited for us because we were the only ones scheduled which was very nice.

This is the first time we chose the least expensive cabin which was on deck 4. It was very comfortable and quiet. In fact, we talked to people who were on Deck 8 that paid much more whose cabin was under the stage and they could hear the whole show in their More cabin. I recommend you check that out when choosing a cabin. We were mid ship and convenient to both the dining room and the buffet. This was our first time with "your time dining" and we loved it. We never had to stand in line. We had to request sitting with other couples because we enjoy visiting with new acquaintances and always got very interesting tablemates. The food was pretty good in the Wind Star dining room. One evening our dessert was very slow coming and our table mates left without it, and it did seem the service was a little slow because there was no way to grade the servers so there is no accountability. We did not eat in the buffet other than breakfast because we were off the ship every day. We did eat there twice for lunch and it was excellent. There was a big variety of unfried, non starch vegetables which isn't always the case. I thought the desserts were excellent in the dining room and the buffet too. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy Oceanview Riviera R192

We had a ocean view cabin on Deck 4 which is the cheapest deck. I had no complaints at all. The room was large enough for the two of us. Nice flat screen tv. Bathroom was larger than a lot in my past experience. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were wonderful. Our steward kept the place clean and gave us towel animals every day and there was chocolate mints which Royal Caribbean doesn't give. I really like this ship even if it is getting older. It was spotlessly clean. Our cabin number was R192 and I see no reason to pay more to be on a higher deck.

Booked online at chad4nature@hotmail.com We were picked up at the ship at 9:30 a.m. in a bus. There were about 8 couples off our ship. The ride to the beach included stops for restroom breaks and the movie site for the Pirates of the Caribbean. At the beach, we kayaked over blue holes and snorkeled, then had lunch on the beach. the food was excellent but was not cooked there but brought from a local restaurant. We snorkeled over a blue hole but there weren't many fish or a coral reef. They caught the biggest lobster I have ever seen. The guide was very attentive and helpful. We then went to a national park where our guide paid our entrance fee. We did a short nature walk and were shown many plants and given a lot of information that was very interesting about them. We went to 2 caves that were really beautiful and heard the history of the island. It was a full day and worth the $99 fee. This was the East End tour. They also offer a West End tour that is supposed to have a good coral reef that I would like to go back to do. The water was the clearest I have ever seen.
Read 779 Freeport Reviews

Booked on line. There are two pick up times and we chose 1:30 p.m. and were picked up at 12:15 p.m. exactly as instructed. They took us to the dive shop where we got on the nicest snorkel boat I have ever snorkeled from. It was very easy getting into and out of the water. We made 3 stops. One was a sunken airplane and not much of a reef or many fish. The second was fantastic. The reef was beautiful and there was a huge variety of brightly colored fish in very clear water. The 3rd was feeding sharks. We had done this tour 12 years ago and they fed them from the boat and they were much larger and it was much more exciting. Now they feed them in the water and they were pretty small reef sharks. You could get in the water or not. I didn't.
Read 2646 Nassau Reviews