Carnival Glory Cruise Review by KARLATX: Glory after dry dock

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Bahamas Cruises

Glory after dry dock

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Bahamas

Flew into Miami day of the cruise and took the SAS shuttle to the port.Getting on board was quick and easy because we filled out all the immigration forms on the net prior to the cruise.
Immediately went to Longboards for fish and chips and Bouillabaisse all were very good.

Took the spa tour and hubby got a free facial and I got a free hairdo,it was great.

Everyone we met on board from staff to other cruisers were so friendly you couldn't help but have a good time.

Ports of call were Nassau and Freeport.Beach in Nassau at the Hilton were nice,Freeport was a straw market not much else,beach was ok.

We did the Latin dance party the first night and the white hot disco the second both were a lot of fun with lots of people having a good time.

Did the steakhouse food is as good as previous reviewers have mentioned but what really surprised me was Guy's burgers.I am not a big burger fan but these were to die for so I had them on a daily More basis.

The balcony room was great will never sail without a balcony.It had a fridge decent size bath room and queen size bed,very nice. We were in room 6273 close to elevators that take you down to level 0 to disembark for shore excursions or to level 3 to go thru custom so the cabin to me was in a good location. The room had a queen bed slightly firmer than my liking but comfy. The balcony was small with 2 chairs and a small table which was great for morning coffee or breakfast.We left the door open at night to hear the ocean it was great. Bathroom was of decent size with the typical amenities of toothpaste,a razor and a couple of packets of shampoo.On the shower wall typical Carnival shower and shampoo dispensers.

Getting off the boat again quick and easy as we took our own luggage off and we were off the boat in 15 min with SAS transportation at the port ready to take us back to FLL airport.
Already planning my next cruise with Carnival. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Upper 6273

We were in room 6273 close to elevators that take you down to level 0 to disembark for shore excursions or to level 3 to go thru custom so the cabin to me was in a good location. The room had a queen bed slightly firmer than my liking but comfy. The balcony was small with 2 chairs and a small table which was great for morning coffee or breakfast.We left the door open at night to hear the ocean it was great. Bathroom was of decent size with the typical amenities of toothpaste,a razor and a couple of packets of shampoo.On the shower wall typical Carnival shower and shampoo dispensers. Bathroom did have adequate shelf spacing so all of my toiletries from home were out and within reach. Decent closet and under bed space for storing suite cases after we unpacked. Mini fridge was great for keeping drinks cool but you have to ask your cabin steward to unlock it and take out the mini bar items inside.

Took the 10 dollar shuttle bus from port to the Straw market in town.What a waste of my time and money with the exception of being able to see how the people there live I probably would have stayed on the boat. I did hear comments from a German group of people who enjoyed snorkeling but that's just not my thing.
Read 773 Freeport Reviews

Had been to Nassau before so we walked around,you are bombarded by people trying to sell you something the minute you get off the ship. We enjoyed the powder sandy beach at the Hilton and had drinks and just relaxed.The weather was wonderful and we enjoyed the calm and quiet at the Hilton.
Read 2615 Nassau Reviews