Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Allih1990

Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

What an Experience!
This cruise was absolutely amazing... from the time we got to the port until the time that we left, everything went very smoothly.

When we initially got to the port, we got in line and in under five minutes we were checked in and having our pictures taken. I have never gotten through the check in process so quickly, it was a great start to our amazing trip.

We arrived in our cabin shortly after getting on the ship, which was beautiful with a good sized balcony. Our stateroom attendant, Wayne, came to our room to introduce himself and ask us if there was anything he could do to help us settle in. Throughout the cruise, Wayne was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was always there to assist us with anything we needed and he also made us really unique towel animals, after all, it's the little things that really set the experience above the rest.

That night we ate at the Windjammer, which was surprisingly delicious. This cruise by far had some of the best food I've had on a cruise in a while.

After dinner, we went to see Chicago, the only show we actually made it too. The show was absolutely amazing! It was definitely Broadway quality, it is definitely something I would recommend seeing if you get the opportunity. We even tried to go see it twice, but there were no more available reservations. MAKE SURE YOU MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR YOUR SHOWS AHEAD OF TIME! That is very very important. You don't want to be stuck outside waiting in a line and wind up with nosebleed seats.

On day two they had an event for past cruisers. They had free bloody marries, screwdrivers and champagne. They also had a special show out on the boardwalk, it was definitely worth seeing.

Later that day we took a cupcake decorating class. It was very easy and we had a great time. We made a cupcake dog, it was easy enough that I feel that I could now make it at home, so I think it was worth the extra money.

The second night we ate at Samba Grill. I would not recommend it. We had poor service and the hostess refused to seat us for 30 minutes after we got there. When she finally did begin seating people, she sat people who had gotten there after us. All in all, for what we paid, this restaurant was not worth it. The food was just mediocre.

The third night we went to the dining room. Our wait staff, Leo and Mauricio, were wonderful! We went back to the dining room every night after this and requested to sit in their section. They took great care of us, always having an iced tea and a coke on the table before we got there and always making sure my order was correct (I'm picky).

We also tried the pizza place, which for cruise pizza was considerably good. It wasn't the best pizza I've ever had, but probably the best pizza at sea.

I also used the zipline, which was fun. It was also extremely popular, so be ready to stand in a little bit of a line... and make sure to wear close toed shoes!

All in all we had an absolutely amazing time on our cruise, there was no comparing it! It was wonderful.

Publication Date: 12/02/12