Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by hoppytoit: What I wish I had known

Value for Money

What I wish I had known

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

embarkation debarkation easy fast just have passport
Lots of families
quiet places for adults only
personally did not find activities suitable minimal bingo, dancing etc. I personally feel this is a good cruise for either relaxation or families.

staff was lovely and kind

food not good but they had lots of cut up fruit. quality of food very poor example hash browns round size of quarters. cold toast in mdr every morning, no cream for coffee until it was cold. The food is frozen mediocre quality food service things don't expect more even in main dining room. desserts look good very pretty but not good tasting. we saw a lot of wastage and after tasting it we knew why. IT'S NOT the passengers it's the food .

Bonine worked for sea sickness due to rocky seas.

BALCONY was a huge waste of money always smoky with cigarette and cigar smoke from above smoking area . and other balcony users. UNUSEABLE smoke stink 24/7 Carnival really More needs to rethink that policy since balcony upgrade doubled price of cruise. they should designate one side as smoking.

I would go again but not upgrAde to balcony forget about eating and bring a book because the water is beautiful in the Bahamas the staff on the ship are great.

I like Freeport a little better than Nassau because our guide was more personable and gave us a better feel for the local customs. both guides were very good. Less

Published 12/02/12

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: 8M Aft-View Extended Balcony

I like the cabin very much but as previously stated balcony UNUSEABLE because of smokers above and around

Read All Aft-View Extended Balcony (8M) Reviews >>

took it to port lucaya then off to beach to enjoy water
Read 933 Freeport Reviews

loved the water went on walking tour to historic sites that's our thing and we like that
Read 3421 Nassau Reviews

Compare Prices on Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruises

Have you taken a cruise before?
Thank you!