Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Kenwill65

Member Name: Kenwill65
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 8E

Wonderful first time experience.
Our ship was being tweaked still from the 2.0 upgrade. Mostly just cosmetic adjustments. The Hasbro games were not on the ship and this is supposed to be part of the 2.0 upgrade. Was not a big deal for me though. The entire process of getting dropped off to getting into our room went smooth. The staff was was amazing at every level. Jose, our cabin steward made sure our room was clean and ready for us. He took the time to answer questions and knew what he was talking about. I did not meet a single crew member that I did not enjoy interacting with. The "Fun Times" dropped off to your room the night before gave you the ability to sit down and plan your day as well as know what was available for you to do. The sip itself is beautifully decorated and I found myself exploring the different areas to see everything I could.

For a November cruise it was very nice. The weather going across the gulf to our first port was windy and cool. Not exactly pool weather. All three ports the weather was great. The last full day at sea coming back across the gulf was cool and windy again. Not pool weather again. If you plan this time of year choose your clothing and activities for the possibility of cool weather on the first and last days.

The "Anytime Dining" option was a good choice but the time from being seated to leaving took too long. The staff appeared to be very busy serving so I suspect the kitchen as being the backup. One of our dinners took 2 hours to complete. The menu selections were very nice and the food quality was good.

Publication Date: 12/02/12