Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Kenwill65: Wonderful first time experience.

Kenwill65
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful first time experience.

Sail Date: November 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans

Our ship was being tweaked still from the 2.0 upgrade. Mostly just cosmetic adjustments. The Hasbro games were not on the ship and this is supposed to be part of the 2.0 upgrade. Was not a big deal for me though. The entire process of getting dropped off to getting into our room went smooth. The staff was was amazing at every level. Jose, our cabin steward made sure our room was clean and ready for us. He took the time to answer questions and knew what he was talking about. I did not meet a single crew member that I did not enjoy interacting with. The "Fun Times" dropped off to your room the night before gave you the ability to sit down and plan your day as well as know what was available for you to do. The sip itself is beautifully decorated and I found myself exploring the different areas to see everything I could.

For a November cruise it was very nice. The weather going across the gulf to our first port was windy and cool. Not exactly pool weather. All three ports the More weather was great. The last full day at sea coming back across the gulf was cool and windy again. Not pool weather again. If you plan this time of year choose your clothing and activities for the possibility of cool weather on the first and last days.

The "Anytime Dining" option was a good choice but the time from being seated to leaving took too long. The staff appeared to be very busy serving so I suspect the kitchen as being the backup. One of our dinners took 2 hours to complete. The menu selections were very nice and the food quality was good. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Balcony Empress 7355

Shower drain was a bit slow. Had to call for plumber to check as we flooded the bathroom floor twice. Couch is showing wear. rest of room was great.

Culinary Tour

(5)
The trip over to the resort was good. Our guide(Isa {sp})took care of everything in getting us to the right place at the right time and all the way back to the ship. Oscar the chef who was teaching us was very energetic and entertaining as he taught us how to cook a 3 course meal. If this is your type of fun then I would recommend this. The only down side is we were delayed in getting started and did not get the little bit of beach time that we were supposed to get. Not a deal breaker though since that was not the focus of this excursion.

Royal Palms Resort Everything we were told up front was exactly as it happened in getting to the resort. We caught a taxi as instructed and it cost what we were told. Upon arrival we were greeted and told were to go to. We had rented a beach Cabana and it was ready for us. The staff was amazing, especially our server Jose. He made sure we were taken care of the entire time we were there. The resort was clean, the beaches were clean. The food was good and the drinks were cold. I would highly recommend this place for anyone wanting a day at the beach.

Sunset Beach Resort

(3)
On arrival we were supposed to look for someone holding the sign for our resort. They were nowhere to be seen. As it turned out they were outside across the bus/taxi loading zone. Impossible to see them. Thank goodness someone knew where they were. Bus ride over did not go well. A handicapped person had booked and needed her wheel chair. The bus does not accommodate this at all. It delayed our trip by half an hour as we waited for them to figure out what to do with her. Driver was accommodating to us as passengers but he just did not have the authority to fix the problem. Once we arrived at the resort you go to an area to be checked in. You have to pay at this time for the balance you owe. Credit card machine was not communicating well and again we were delayed getting on with our day as they tried to get multiple peoples credit cards to run. The beaches were a little on the trashy side to me. Found lots of trash in the water. Overall the resort area itself was clean. Just not the beaches. The drinks were included in our cost the bar tenders did their job. The food for the lunch was good. I would try somewhere else if I was to go back to Jamaica.