Carnival Valor Cruise Review by bltrn

Member Name: bltrn
Cruise Date: November 2012
Cabin Category: GS

Carnival Valor a disappointment
On Nov 10th of this year, my husband and I traveled on the Carnival Valor. I was EXTREMELY disappointed to say the least. I booked the Grand Suite hoping there would be a few "perks" but they were non-existent. We received priority embarkation, but we would have gotten it anyway as my husband is disabled.

We saw our room steward maybe a total of 5 times during the entire cruise. Our room was nice, but when I got into the shower and closed the door, there was black mold in the track behind the door.(I have pics). I needed to request a new remote twice as neither would work from the bed.

Food in the restaurant and buffet was cold for the most part and the times the buffet were open made no sense. On the pool deck the ashtrays were filled to the top most of the time and I never once saw staff wipe off a table there. I mostly saw them standing chatting in groups of two or three on the pool deck as well as in the buffet seating areas. One evening we decided to order room service. After 45 minutes, I called to make sure it was coming and was told "It's on it's way!" After an hour and a half, I cancelled it and went to the buffet which had only a few things left on it.

It's been a while since we've traveled with Carnival and I see why. They make you appreciate all of the little things the other lines have to offer AT NO CHARGE.

Publication Date: 12/02/12