Ruby Princess Cruise Review by trvldog: Nothing Special

Member Since 2002

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Nothing Special

Sail Date: November 2012

We were a party of 8, 2 cabins were ocean view, 1 inside cabin, and my husband and I had a mini suite.

Best part of cruise~ Embark,Debark, and getting off at ports were excellent. No lines at all. Probably the best I have ever had in all my cruise.

Dinning ~ Average at best
We had anytime dinning, first time we went the waiter was horrible. He never spoke to us, only to take our order. He got each person's order wrong, we waited over 30 minutes for each serving and he had a personality of a slug! We thought we would ditch dinning and go to buffet next night. Well if you like to bus your own table while the bus people chatted in a corner you'd would have enjoyed it! We were actually laughing with how pathetic it was. SO back to dining room and we actually were lucky and got a great server named Rod. He was what I would expect from a server,very friendly and gave suggestions. He was able to get all meals correct and in a timely manner. We asked for him the 2nd night More and had another enjoyable meal.
We did the buffet for breakfast and is was average. They did not offer any midnight Chocolate buffet like Holland and others do was rather disappointed. They had Chocolate for breakfast one morning in buffet, not a fan of chocolate at 7A sorry.

The Pool~ below average
We sat out by the pool 3 times, 1st time for 4 hours. Never had anyone ask us if we wanted bar service always had to go get our own drinks. Other 2 days I think they asked once. You'd think they would come by again when your are buying drinks to ask if you would like another. Nope!
Movie at night, this was also disappointing. We tried 3 times to do this, only once we were able to get seats. They always were full and no staff out to help take down extra loungers.

Shows- They had shows in the Explorer lounge which was a joke, never enough seats. You'd think after first night they would have gotten a clue and moved it to Fusion lounge or someplace to fit the amount of people trying to attend.
Just was not impressed with the shows they offered at night, very boring evenings.

Cabins~
Our cabin steward was great with cleaning but no towel animals, first cruise I have been on in 19 previous cruises that I never got one.
I put out the card for fruit twice, never saw any fruit basket. Ordered room service once, they were on time with what we ordered. One of our friends who dives ordered distilled water as she drinks a lot after diving. When she called to get another 1/2 gallon (she ordered 4 of these and they deliver 1 at a time) the room service person actually yelled at her, we could not believe it!

Gym~
We used the gym was clean and was always able to get on machine.

Ports~
Princess Cays, was not impressed at all. Food horrible, shops overpriced and dull. They played the same 3 songs over and over again I wanted to scream!
St Marten, St Thomas and Grand Turks were awesome but that has nothing to do with Princess, those ports are always awesome!

I think we just expected more from Princess and were very disappointed.I thought at very least would be in same category as RCCL, but RCCL rocks over Princess. Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess Mini-Suite with Balcony Emerald Deck 727

Castaway Girl snorkeling was a good tour.
Read 2342 St. Thomas Reviews