Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by lorenzod: Almost Perfect Cruise

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Southern Caribbean Cruises

Almost Perfect Cruise

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We were very fortunate to have a well positioned outside cabin towards the front of the ship on deck 4. Our cabin steward pampered us during our stay making sure we had everything we might need during our voyage including bars of soap and bottles of shampoo and body lotion.(dislike those push button dispensers attached to the walls). We had requested an egg crate mattress prior to boarding and found it already in place when we arrived in the cabin. We had a different towel animal on our bed each evening along with chocolates. The bed was very comfortable. The sheets and comforter were extra soft and silky. We felt like royalty.

The Cruise Staff under the direction of our fantastic Cruise Director Jaime made the cruise so enjoyable we felt like we were leaving family as we left the ship. There was never a loss for entertainment and most enjoyable except for the comedian whom we did not care for. Really enjoyed the hypnotist Terrance B. Terrance was very entertaining. More His lecture on how to improve your memory was very helpful. I still remember the 12 items he implanted in my memory from last week. We met so many wonderful people at Trivia each day. The questions were really difficult but challenging and we learned things we never knew before and now we will know if anyone should ever ask. Dancing with the Sun Stars was a lot of fun. Amy who was the winner of the first show was a wonderful dancer but she was out danced by one of the Indian waiters on the second show. He was so talented he should be on stage with the professional dancers. The crew did a good job with"The Fountains". I was glad I had the opportunity to wear my hand made poodle skirt at the 50's and 60's party and my husband won the prize for the best "Elvis" lip sync. Not only was there entertainment on stage but if you visited the Champagne Bar on Deck 7, the bar tender, Jonathan "Bong", kept his patrons entertained with his magic tricks and comedy. Captain Borg along with Steven Jacobsen(hotel director) and Jaime(Cruise Director) held an interesting question and answer session. The passingers all had interesting questions which the the staff answered to the best of their ability. The Quest Game was led by Brian as the MC and he was very funny and everyone who participated had a blast. He even bought us all a drink when our team won. One band that was performing nightly in the Observation Lounge, Deck 12 called Love Brothers and Lira were by far the best band on the ship. We did not discover them unfortunately until the next to the last night of the cruise. They should be in Dazzles Lounge for everyone to enjoy. Because they are out of the most traffic areas cruisers miss seeing them.

Regarding the food on the trip it was plentiful but nothing exceptional. We were disappointed with East Meets West expecting it to be like Cagney's Steak House but the only thing that was similar was the menu. The shrimp were small, main course mediocre however, the dessert was exactly like Cagney's.(warm chocolate brownie with macadamia nut ice cream topped with caramel sauce. Yummm. ) The food in the main dining rooms was just as good as the expensive restaurants. Moderna was a nice quiet place to go for breakfast and lunch. Not crowded but cozy. The waiters in all areas were outstanding. One pair that we especially liked were Michael and Angalo and together were called "Michaelangelo". The only problem we had regarding the dining room was on Thanksgiving when our Cruise Critic group(20 people) met for dinner in the 4 Seasons and had to wait 45 minutes for our reserved table. We noticed some inconsiderate cruisers in the beffet taking lemon slices and squeezing them and replacing them in with the untouched lemons. Maybe they should switch to packets of lemon. We also saw some people using a glass and drinking from the glass and returning it next to the clean glasses where it could easily be mistaken for a clean glass. Others failed to use the tongs using their hands instead at the buffet and some would drop the tongs on the floor and replace them back in the buffet. Not very healthy. Really folks, do some cruisers need a lesson in sanitation and common sense.

We are platinum members with NCL and as such are entitled to free laundry bag each on bulk laundry day. We have done this in the past with no problem but this time we lost 7 items(later found) and the laundry slip. We had requested hangers for the clothing and fold up the underwear. Nothing was on hangers and the underwear was thrown in a pile. We repeated doing the laundry one more time and this time it
was perfect

One of the highlights of the cruise was the Murder Mystery Lunch. This was so much fun solving the murder while we ate lunch. We all had a script to follow and one of our group was the murderer. So while we sipped wine and ate we acted out our roles and decided who did it. Was I ever surprised when I found out I was the murderer.

Well it's back to real life, no one to cook, clean and make my bed, do my laundry and entertain me. But we do have my nice bathroom , big screen TV and our adjustable bed to use until our next adventure at sea. Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sun 4208

Cabin was quiet and well located.