Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by shady54: What a great cruise on the Carnival Freedom

shady54
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Southern Caribbean Cruises

What a great cruise on the Carnival Freedom

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Just returned Sunday, November 25th, 2012 from a eight day cruise aboard the Carnival Freedom to the Southern Caribbean. It was Thanksgiving and the ship had over 3,000 guest aboard not including the 1,200 crew members. I was expecting it to be crowded but to my surprise I found that it wasn't. Anytime you decide to eat on the Lido deck you expect some lines so that wasn't a problem. Carnival went out of its way to keep everyone entertained during the time we were on board the Freedom.

The port of calls were excellent. The Freedom is a beautiful ship. Well kept and clean. I have cruised on the Dream and Glory and I rate it right up there with both of them. The staff and crew were very friendly offering assistance anytime it was needed. I would definitely recommend the Carnival Freedom to anyone that is planning on taking a cruise.

The wife and I drove from North Carolina to Fort Lauderdale and arrived at our Hotel for the night. We stayed at the Roadway Inn and More Suites where we had parked our car right outside the hotel during our cruise. We were taken to Port Everglades on Saturday morning around 10:30 a.m. and were on board the Freedom by 11:30 a.m. Like I said earlier the entire cruise was exceptional. I enjoyed all the Ports we stopped at. My favorites being Curacao and Aruba. Our time on the ship was very enjoyable. I thought the food was very good with a good selection each night. Ate at the steak house one night and that was good also. Arrived back in Port Everglades on Sunday. Got called off the ship at 7:00 a.m. and was back at our Hotel and on the road home by 8:30 a.m. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Balcony Lido 9263

We stayed in cabin 9263 on the Lido deck. It was near the stairways and elevators but to my surprise it was very quiet. Great balcony view. Just the wife and I were in the room so we had plenty of closet space. Would definitely stay in this same cabin if I cruise on the Freedom again.

(5.5)
Another beautiful port I would recommend to anyone. The wife and I got off the ship and took a taxi to the butterfly farm she wanted so much to see. Would recommend that tour to anyone that loves to watch and see them fly around. Then took a taxi back to the city where we went sightseeing before have a very nice lunch before getting back on the ship.
Read 681 Aruba Reviews

(5.5)
My favorite of all the ports. Curacao was very beautiful. Walked around sight seeing then went shopping with the wife. At dark we ate out and had a few drinks before heading back to the ship. Would recommend this port to anyone.
Read 501 Curacao Reviews

Enjoyed our time at Grand Turk. Went swimming at the beach which is located right at the dock. Walked over to the shops and restaurant located near by and had a meal and drink.

We did get off the ship and take the bus into town. Found the locals to be real pushing trying to sells you merchandise. Everyone had told me before hand to just stay on the ship at this port but I wanted to see for myself. Overall it wasn't that bad of an experience.