Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by Rock50

Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: South Pacific
Cabin Category: G
See More About: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Rhapsody to Fiji
Recently I had the pleasure to go on the rhapsody of the seas to Fiji ,some where I had not been before. After flying from Brisbane to Sydney I caught the airport train straight to circular quay easy done. No problem at all.

I had sailed with Royal Caribbean before and had no complaints. Because I was a crown and anchor member I had a speedy embarkation amazing really well worth it. I literally walked straight past all the long queues and straight onboard. So that was easy

I was told there was lunch being served in the windjammer so went to try that out. Not disappointed , plenty to choose from and lots of it. Very friendly staff. After lunch my room was ready so I freshened up and put my cruise card on left everything but the camera in the room and went up on deck.

For the rest of the afternoon I watched the constant stream of people boarding the ship and had a drink at the bar listened to some great music while waiting for my friend to board.

The ship is very nice and I have no problems with staff or food or the ship.

Just my opinion overall compared to P&O was pretty similar really. However I thought the entertainment was better on the P&O. Bigger shows. I also thought that the activities weren't as varied as in the P&O. Another drawback is the ship is in US dollars, but didn't really affect me too much.

I thought Denarau Port was lovely well worth getting off. We did a tour for dancing singing and fire walking. Not bad but $99. Booked off the ship. It was very hot and my friend was sick so probably didn't help.

Suva we were lucky enough to be welcomed in and farewelled by the Fijian police band world famous in the military tattoos Round the world. They were awesome and free. I found Suva dirty and similar to Noumea really. You get hassle led by people for taxis tours etc. we didn't book any. So just went for a walk Round the city. Probably should have booked something. Having not been there before.

Unfortunately I got sick with novo virus and so did my friend. But not at the same time ,so we were quarantined for 24 hours. As per health regulations. But I felt sick really for about 3 days. So I missed Isle of Pines and she missed Suva. Hundreds of passengers got this virus on this sailing. Staff did everything they could . They cleaned constAntly. Disinfected a lot. But I have travelled on many other cruises and this is the first time I have been sick. Not pleasant I can assure you. But it hasn't deterred me from cruising as I love that way of travel.

Publication Date: 12/01/12