Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by OhioLEO: 10 year anniversary first time cruisers...

OhioLEO
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean Cruises

10 year anniversary first time cruisers...

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Ok here I go....This was out first cruise so please bear with me.

We flew into San Juan the day before we sailed to spend some time exploring (OSJ)Old San Juan. Once we arrived we found a taxi to our hotel. Once we checked in and dropped off our luggage we went to OSJ to explore. Exploring El Morro, a 400 year old fort was amazing!!! Took so many amazing pictures.

After exploring OSJ we took a taxi back to our hotel. We changed and checked out Club Brava & Ultra Lounge. DW & I had an amazing time till abou 3am when her feet gave out lol.

Next morning we took a taxi to the port to board the Summit.Dropped off the two large bags and carried on the small ones. Since we were early and also Concierge class we breezed through the check in process in less then 30 minutes. We explored the ship for a little till we were advised that our room was ready. We then went to our room and changed into swim suits to go enjoy the pools and hot tubs for a couple hours. More

When we returned my suitcase was there but not my DW suitcase. I then noticed the VM light was flashing on our room phone. There was a message that we had to come check our missing bag. We had no alcohol so I was curious as to what had flagged her bag. Went down and found out it was the 6 plug surge protector that we had brought to charge our Iphones, digital cameras, and laptop. They said that was ok but warned us that our room steward may say something about it.

After that DW took a nap while I unpacked everything. There was plenty of rrom for storage of everything we brought with us. Met our room stewards and they were both very nice.

About the ship: We found everything on board very clean and nice. We enjoyed going to the lounges and Martini Bar every night before our 830 dinner. There was a show or some form on entertainment every night which we attended before dinner. The dancers were very good. The comedian was hysterical!!! They had a lady singing some songs from current female artist...left after the second song. Just not my cup of tea. Other people enjoyed it I heard. Played pool volleyball vs the crew and had we won. Had a great time. Formal nights were so fun to get dressed up and go take pictures. We took lots of pictures. Tried to pick out just one nice one for us to frame and it was to hard. After trying to pick out just 15 for the one package it was decided just to go with the unlimited package. We ended up walking away with 70 pictures from the ship without really trying to take pictures. It was very nice.

Cons:
Did not have very many cons but have to say this...Our dinner staff finally learned our names and drink preference by mid cruise and service was slow. Our table of 8 had a great time and we actually got "shooshed" by a table of Brits next to us. The next night they moved half our table away which we were not happy about. After everyone complained about the move we were brought back together to enjoy the rest of our cruise. Also when we were eating lunch up on Ten trying to find someone to get you a drink was very hard. It seemed to be almost a chore for some people.

That was really the only complaint about the cruise. The rest of the crew we met were very nice and polite.

The one thing that my DW and I wish was different was there was more people our age on the ship. Being in our early 30s mostly everyone was older. I expected that since this isn't a party cruise but more of a luxury cruise. This was a great cruise for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Needless to say we had a great time!!

We were off the ship about as quickly as we got on which was great since we were able to beat the mad rush to the airport. Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit Concierge Class Continental Deck (2) 7179

We had a balcony room so it was nice to go out when pulling into port and take pictures. Made the room feel so much bigger. Also room service breakfast on the balcony was nice. Bath room was small but that is to be expected from those rooms.Plenty of room to store clothes and suitcases.

Emerald Pool

(5)
This was our only planned excursion of the cruise. It was booked privately not through the cruise ship. Company was called Bumpiing Tours. Levi was our contact. We emailed back and forth after I found a review here on CC. There were 7 in our group that did the island tour, Emerald Pool, Mr Nice fruit stand, Trafalgar Falls, Sulpher Springs, Rain Forest tour and Morne Bruce. Our guide Kashma was wonderful and explained everything that we saw. Brendon our driver was great to hang out with and talk. They got us to the Emerald Pool before the rest of the tours from the ship showed up so we were able to enjoy the cool water pretty much by ourselves. By far the best day of the cruise. I will def use them again and highly recommend them to anyone.

Island tour

Rainforest Tour

Sulphur Springs

Trafalgar Falls

We took a water taxi to Grand Anse beach. Nice beach but very crowded. Locals were constantly asking if you wanted food or drink. Then they would park there boat 20 ft off the beach and try and get you to by tubing rides. Beach was very nice other then that. $20 I think is what it was for 2 beach chairs and an umbrella.
Read 357 Grenada Reviews

Walked to Sandcastle beach to the right of the pier and bought the $25 package which included 2 beach chairs, umbrella & 2 rum punches. Water was a little rough but we had a good time. Took a taxi back since we were too tired to walk to the dock.

Didn't stay on St Kitts but went and visited some friends who live on Nevis..

Went to Morning Star Bay beach. It wasn't very crowded and was more of a private beach for the local hotel. There was chairs and umbrellas to rent but no one asked us for any money. The dancers from the ship also showed up to relax. Took amazing pictures while we were there. By far it was the best beach of the whole trip. Probably because it was more secluded. Free samples from the Cruzan Rum cart before we got back on the ship. All 11 kinds....it was great!!!
Read 2342 St. Thomas Reviews