Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by OhioLEO

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Rates 5+

10 year anniversary first time cruisers...
Ok here I go....This was out first cruise so please bear with me.

We flew into San Juan the day before we sailed to spend some time exploring (OSJ)Old San Juan. Once we arrived we found a taxi to our hotel. Once we checked in and dropped off our luggage we went to OSJ to explore. Exploring El Morro, a 400 year old fort was amazing!!! Took so many amazing pictures.

After exploring OSJ we took a taxi back to our hotel. We changed and checked out Club Brava & Ultra Lounge. DW & I had an amazing time till abou 3am when her feet gave out lol.

Next morning we took a taxi to the port to board the Summit.Dropped off the two large bags and carried on the small ones. Since we were early and also Concierge class we breezed through the check in process in less then 30 minutes. We explored the ship for a little till we were advised that our room was ready. We then went to our room and changed into swim suits to go enjoy the pools and hot tubs for a couple hours.

When we returned my suitcase was there but not my DW suitcase. I then noticed the VM light was flashing on our room phone. There was a message that we had to come check our missing bag. We had no alcohol so I was curious as to what had flagged her bag. Went down and found out it was the 6 plug surge protector that we had brought to charge our Iphones, digital cameras, and laptop. They said that was ok but warned us that our room steward may say something about it.

After that DW took a nap while I unpacked everything. There was plenty of rrom for storage of everything we brought with us. Met our room stewards and they were both very nice.

About the ship: We found everything on board very clean and nice. We enjoyed going to the lounges and Martini Bar every night before our 830 dinner. There was a show or some form on entertainment every night which we attended before dinner. The dancers were very good. The comedian was hysterical!!! They had a lady singing some songs from current female artist...left after the second song. Just not my cup of tea. Other people enjoyed it I heard. Played pool volleyball vs the crew and had we won. Had a great time. Formal nights were so fun to get dressed up and go take pictures. We took lots of pictures. Tried to pick out just one nice one for us to frame and it was to hard. After trying to pick out just 15 for the one package it was decided just to go with the unlimited package. We ended up walking away with 70 pictures from the ship without really trying to take pictures. It was very nice.

Cons:

Did not have very many cons but have to say this...Our dinner staff finally learned our names and drink preference by mid cruise and service was slow. Our table of 8 had a great time and we actually got "shooshed" by a table of Brits next to us. The next night they moved half our table away which we were not happy about. After everyone complained about the move we were brought back together to enjoy the rest of our cruise. Also when we were eating lunch up on Ten trying to find someone to get you a drink was very hard. It seemed to be almost a chore for some people.

That was really the only complaint about the cruise. The rest of the crew we met were very nice and polite.

The one thing that my DW and I wish was different was there was more people our age on the ship. Being in our early 30s mostly everyone was older. I expected that since this isn't a party cruise but more of a luxury cruise. This was a great cruise for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Needless to say we had a great time!!

We were off the ship about as quickly as we got on which was great since we were able to beat the mad rush to the airport.

Publication Date: 11/29/12