Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by MarisT: Navigator, A Fantastic Ship

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Navigator, A Fantastic Ship

Sail Date: November 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans

We sailed on the Navigator of the Seas, RC on 11/17 out of New Orleans. Our Embarkation was not good. Parking was impossible. But getting off the ship was very good. So I think the Port of New Orleans cleaned up their act by then.
The ship was FANTASTIC. The Promenade which is designed like a Main Street is great. There was a Disco Party there one night and the Circus Parade was Amazing. There are lots of activities on the ship, from jewelry making to napkin folding. There was always something to do. The shops on Main Street are okay, nothing special. The food is good at the main restaurants and buffet. The food is excellent in the specialty restaurants. We did the Mystery Dinner, which was lots of fun. The Gym on the ship is great, lots of machines and weights, but it does get crowded at certain times. The Casino is good. The Solarium, the adults only pool is fantastic. 2 whirlpools and one medium size pool. The other pool area is great, 2 larger pools and at More least 4 whirlpools. They had line dancing, a disco party and various contests.
The ports, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel were okay. Grand Cayman was beautiful. We did the Captain Bryan's Snorkeling trip in Grand Cayman. It was not great snorkeling, the reefs are not spectacular, but the ship and crew were Great. The snorkeling in Jamaica, Dream (booked thru the ship) was not worth the money. Snorkeling was just off the beach. But the ride on both catamarans was wonderful. We shopped in Cozumel, which although hectic with all the vendors shouting at you. But, you can get some great deals. I bought a necklace and I know it was 50% off as I checked the US price.
I would give the Navigator 5 stars. The food is not perfect, but I didn't expect it to be. The Ports were not breathtaking, but I didn't expect that either. The ship is spotless, they received a 100% grade from the Health Inspector before we left the Port of New Orleans. The best part of our cruise was the ship. There was ALWAYS something to do. Bingo, exercise classes, dance lessons, mini golf, dodge ball, skating or in line skating. The bars and lounges are great. Our favorite was the Cosmopolitan.
The ship never felt crowded even though it was fully booked.
The Staff on every level was wonderful. All the staff we encountered on the entire cruise was courteous and friendly. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Owner's Suite Deck 10 1300

Owners Suite: Perfect! Lots of storage, a huge room. Shower and Tub, double sinks. 2 large closets and drawers galore. A dining table. a large sectional couch. 47 inch TV. Huge balcony with 2 sliding doors. Definitely worth the extra money.

We shopped in Cozumel which was lots of fun. They do have some very good deals. But, check your prices before you go shopping. On a pair of earrings I was quoted $285, down to $100. I didn't buy as I didn't trust the vendor. Bought a necklace at Diamond International and saved 50% compared to US retail price. But, I checked the price.
Read 3107 Cozumel Reviews

Falmouth was okay. The Port Shops, built by Royal Caribbean are very nice. Having been recently built, they are just getting started, but they have lots of potential. I would think in the next few months they will be much improved
Read 479 Falmouth Reviews

Catamaran Tour

(4)
Sailing on the Catamaran was wonderful but the snorkeling was not great. The staff on the Cat was great.

Snorkeling

(4)
Fun, but the reefs are not spectacular.

Stingray Swim

(1)
We did not like Stingray Swim, but the kids on board loved it