Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by jammen

Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 8D

Seasoned cruiser will just wait to see if things improve
Seasoned cruiser will just wait to see if things improve. This one has left a bad taste in my mouth in more than one way. We will get back to this a little later.

New name for Splendor the name is "Splendor-geddon" .

Don't worry now! You can handle this!

Everyone likes to blame someone. It makes it easier to have someone to blame, this time this is a fact. Every cruise has its hick-ups just going to the right person can make it better. This time it didn't work, it got worse. I have been on the Splendor 6 times now and was to stay on board for our 2nd 7 day cruise to make it a B2B cruise. Couldn't take it anymore, and had to get off. The food was too salty and I was afraid for my health.

I ain't apologizin' to no one, here it goes.

The food came to the dining table with too much salt. I did tell the server about this.

Service was very bad on this night, I even asked for a low sodium menu for the next night. This was on the formal night. I couldn't eat in the main dining room, because it was so late before we were seated at anytime dinning. I asked them to bring it to the lido. The Officer was nice and brought it to the lido. Still salty and I couldn't eat this.

We will come back to the "anytime dinning" using their rules I mean to whatever suits them, that is.

The table seating covers were so dirty that I could not sit at the tables, for I did not want to get my suit dirty. It was very unsanitary. The old saying, "all dressed up and nowhere to go". This is how I felt.

This ain't over, Splendor-geddon ! Not by a long shot! We just have to see if things improve.

Carnival Splendor Dress Code:

Casual attire is the order of the day. However, there is a dress code at night. On cruise casual evenings, men are encouraged to wear slacks, khakis, jeans or long dress shorts and collared sport shirts. Casual dresses, skirts, pants and tops, Capris, dress shorts and jeans are fine for the ladies. Not permitted in the dining room on cruise casual nights: flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-offs or sleeveless shirts, and ball caps for men.

On cruise elegant nights, men should wear dress slacks and shirts, and sport coats are recommended. Women should pack cocktail dresses, pantsuits or fine skirts. Expressly not permitted are T-shirts, sportswear and baseball hats.

None of the ship staff were willing to adhere to their policy.

So here it goes..

One of the recurring complaints we heard from Carnival loyalists was the failure of many passengers to adhere to a dress code on more formal nights. It's a valid complaint. In all probability the figure is, one-third of the diners at our early-seating dinner on one cruise elegant night were dressed inappropriately many wearing sports jerseys shorts, and ball caps. I, of all people, do enjoy getting dressed up, but I agree with those who complained: It's time to raise the bar.

I really did appreciate the room service they worked hard and we had the best service.

Without a doubt' this was the worst cruise I have been on.

We did not get what we paid for by a long shot.

Publication Date: 12/04/12