Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by geesherry: Lots of firsts!

Caribbean Princess 5
geesherry
Member Since 2008
1,069 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Lots of firsts!

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

I'd been watching the solo board thread about bargains for a while when I saw the post about Window suites for fall/winter 2012 having no single supplement. Checked it out, and booked my first suite ever! I was concerned about the lack of a balcony-another first-but never felt the need for one. The view out the window was better than any balcony that I've ever had. The location can't be beat, central to all indoor activities.
First time embarking from Fort Lauderdale, getting to the drop off area was slow, but finally was dropped off, yay. Dragged luggage around looking for porters-they were on the other side of the wall from where I had left the taxi, oops! Not sure how I missed that, but I did!

Thank goodness for priority embarkation, the regular line was looooooooong. Thanks to being in a suite, I was trough in a flash. Over to the waiting room. Again priority helped, there were seats available there, while the regular waiting area was SRO.
I boarded with the More second group, and was in my cabin before noon, oohing and aahing over every detail. Met the steward, tried then off to lunch in the dining room. First lunch in MDR! Remember, lots of firsts! Next first, the orange souffle for desert, heavenly!
I ate no meals in the buffet, was a mini goal, since I had eaten there more than in MDR on prior cruises. Had pizza and chicken salad from IC, and pub lunch as well. All food was very good. Dined at Crown grill the first evening(inc as a suite perk) and loved it!
The ship was in good condition, everyone that I came in contact with was wonderful(except a fellow passenger who seemed angry at the world). It was a great, relaxing vacation! Less

Published 11/29/12

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: WSF309

Close the hallway door to keep out smokey odors. There's a switch on the wall.

geesherry
Member Since 2008
1,069 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X