Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by tmaenpaa: Carnival Breeze - Westbound Transatlantic
Overall Member Rating
Carnival Breeze - Westbound Transatlantic
This site's summary for Carnival is "High-energy ship good for families, extroverts". Unfortunately on this cruise, Carnival lost the recipe. Passengers would have been totally bored if they didn't read, play games and/or cards, or frequent the casino. For example, I don't consider a sea day activity as going to the Art Auction. Both daytime activities and evening entertainment was sparse. Even the last two cruise days had the feeling of the typical "last cruise day".
On the positive side:
- With this ship's layout, I really appreciated the two separate pool areas. The aft pool provided peace and solitude while the mid-pool still provided the typical loud music and directed activities usually associated with Carnival.
- The "Your Time Dining" was very convenient. The service was generally very good and the food was usually above average.
- The crossing was very calm and warm. I'm thinking a southern latitude transatlantic route during late-November is preferable More to a more northerly crossing.
On the negative side:
- During cruises, I enjoy frequenting the steam room. Unfortunately on the Breeze, the use of the steam room requires purchase of a spa package. The cost quoted at the beginning of the cruise was $249.
- The entertainment was lacking and a real disappointment. The reliance on background animation in the stage productions was tiring and repetitive. In fact, I had a hard time discerning what audio was prerecorded versus live. Also, there was only one band (Eddie C & The Cool Breeze Band). Unfortunately they appeared to disembark at Antigua (with four days left). There also were two guitar players; however, I didn't consider them very good. A big disappointment was that only nine of the fifteen days had comedian shows. What kept the evening lively was the piano bar with Ron Pass.
In conclusion even with the negatives, I might again consider the Breeze for a shorter cruise duration or if Carnival addresses the entertainment shortcomings. Less
Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>
Queen Mary 2 East Bound May 17...
Returning to an Old Love
Trip of a Lifetime
Crossing the Transatlantic in ...
Great Experience on the Breeze...
Didn't want it to end!
Exspensive, structured, and ti...
Didn't measure up to previous ...