Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Happyfamilyontario

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Happyfamilyontario
Bahamas Celebration
Bahamas Celebration
Member Name: Happyfamilyontario
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 1

MORE THEN I EXPECTED
Very impressed for the cost of this cruise. We have been on Carnival Valor about 8 years ago and Caribbean Princess this year, the Princess was also amazing but cost was higher.

Valet Parking when you arrived for $15 a day, gave you the vacation feel right away. Checking in and getting our room was easy as we were VIP because of getting married at 3 o'clock that afternoon.

Going on-board was just like every other cruise but the entry was smaller in scale...again I chalk this up to cost....but impressed.

The rooms were very spacious...I would even say bigger then the other cruises that we were on...we had a balcony stateroom on Princess and this room on Celebration was their version of a balcony that was enclosed. We peeked in other rooms just to see in case there is a next time, they all look pretty good as you don't stay in the room that much anyways. Shower and bathroom was the largest we have had.

The food was good, it seemed to be fast and hot...never had to wait in line long. Buffet on deck 9 on the first afternoon hit the spot till you got your feel for the boat and got into the vaca mood. For dinner you have to book a time if you want a selection of food, the first night we had the wedding planner book us in at the cove (where there is a cost) and the second night we thought you could just walk into the buffet where breakfast was served but to our surprise you need reservations....the maitre d got us in at the crystal room

The crystal room was the same as the cove but no cost in my opinion. If I had to do it over I would do the Rio where breakfast is served both nights.

We watched the show on the second night and we were impressed as it was a comedian and then adult scavenger hunt...i think we only got the second half thou.

Service on the ship and at the registration desk was top-line. When we registered we were informed that they were waiting for us and that we were VIP... this made us feel special. Everything that we asked for we got. We asked for more towels we got them, they brought our wedding cake to our room as we left the restaurant fast. Found us tables when we wanted them. Changed our excursions without a problem.

Excursions were just like Princess...meet at a time...walk off the ship...and enjoy.

My wife was spinning about the wedding plans, but it was completely organized more then we were aware. The wedding took place in the Ocean View room which was very spacious and fitting for us. They had music, Photographer and the Officiant, plus flowers candles pillars. After the ceremony they continued family pictures and other requests that we had. Also we had family drinks as the bar was open and the room was reserved just for our family.

To me this was an amazing family wedding/vacation for the price ($1400 for the cruise). I was scared because of the price and being spoiled on Princess Cruises with the balcony. The only thing I would change/add would be to stay in Bahamas for a couple of nights.

Publication Date: 11/29/12