Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Happyfamilyontario: MORE THEN I EXPECTED

MORE THEN I EXPECTED

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

Very impressed for the cost of this cruise. We have been on Carnival Valor about 8 years ago and Caribbean Princess this year, the Princess was also amazing but cost was higher.

Valet Parking when you arrived for $15 a day, gave you the vacation feel right away. Checking in and getting our room was easy as we were VIP because of getting married at 3 o'clock that afternoon.

Going on-board was just like every other cruise but the entry was smaller in scale...again I chalk this up to cost....but impressed.

The rooms were very spacious...I would even say bigger then the other cruises that we were on...we had a balcony stateroom on Princess and this room on Celebration was their version of a balcony that was enclosed. We peeked in other rooms just to see in case there is a next time, they all look pretty good as you don't stay in the room that much anyways. Shower and bathroom was the largest we have had.

The food was good, it seemed to be fast and More hot...never had to wait in line long. Buffet on deck 9 on the first afternoon hit the spot till you got your feel for the boat and got into the vaca mood. For dinner you have to book a time if you want a selection of food, the first night we had the wedding planner book us in at the cove (where there is a cost) and the second night we thought you could just walk into the buffet where breakfast was served but to our surprise you need reservations....the maitre d got us in at the crystal roomThe crystal room was the same as the cove but no cost in my opinion. If I had to do it over I would do the Rio where breakfast is served both nights.

We watched the show on the second night and we were impressed as it was a comedian and then adult scavenger hunt...i think we only got the second half thou.

Service on the ship and at the registration desk was top-line. When we registered we were informed that they were waiting for us and that we were VIP... this made us feel special. Everything that we asked for we got. We asked for more towels we got them, they brought our wedding cake to our room as we left the restaurant fast. Found us tables when we wanted them. Changed our excursions without a problem.

Excursions were just like Princess...meet at a time...walk off the ship...and enjoy.

My wife was spinning about the wedding plans, but it was completely organized more then we were aware. The wedding took place in the Ocean View room which was very spacious and fitting for us. They had music, Photographer and the Officiant, plus flowers candles pillars. After the ceremony they continued family pictures and other requests that we had. Also we had family drinks as the bar was open and the room was reserved just for our family.

To me this was an amazing family wedding/vacation for the price ($1400 for the cruise). I was scared because of the price and being spoiled on Princess Cruises with the balcony. The only thing I would change/add would be to stay in Bahamas for a couple of nights. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 8452

We were at the back of the ship in the balcony suites, large hallways, complete quite, 2 rooms side by side made it feel like our own corner of the ship, room was large, bathroom was spacious and shower was large, you could of put a roll-away bed out on the enclosed balcony for your own room.

Beach Break

(3)
The older kids pick this resort because of the all inclusive. Weather didn't cooperate and resort staff seemed to be hard to find. Bartender made good drinks we were informed. They only stayed for a few hours because of weather and went into town.

City Tour

(4)
We took an early bus into the town as our sailing/snorkeling wasn't till 1pm from the ship. Looking around the village was fun and interesting, you have to eat at Daddy Browns...a vendor for a shop told us about this Mr Brown that serves fresh conch....we had fresh lobster and conch fritters and then I had to go back and get the fresh conch salad...amazing food for a little booth!!!

Snorkeling

(2)
For the price and what we expected didn't match. We took the sailing/snorkeling and paid extra for sailing which really didn't happen. My advise is to just take snorkeling. Snorkeling is the same no matter where you go,we have snorkeled in Cuba and Aruba prior. Remind you that we are not professional snorkelers just like to do that on our holidays.