“Carnival Imagination 11/12/12”

Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We love cruising. We've cruised on Carnival and Royal Carribean. So far, we like Carnival the most. I didn't like that we did not have enough time in each port. We sailed from Miami on Monday and got to Key West on Tuesday morning. We were there from 7:30am until 1:30pm. That was not enough time to get to do much. We took one of the City tours (jump on jump off), went to the Butterfly Conservatory, Southermost Point, did a little (very little) shopping, and headed back for the ship around 12:30 since we had to be back on the ship by 1pm. You had to be shuttled back and forth from the ship to Key west. The line for the shuttle was so long, about 2 1/2 blocks long, which I felt could have been done a little more efficiently. We arrived in Cozumel at 1:30 on Wednesday and was to leave at 10pm (had to be back on ship by 9:30pm). That seems like quite a bit of time but really wasn't when you consider the length of time it takes to do an excursion and then have enough time to do some shopping. If you want to shop away from the pier, you have to take a taxi which we decided to do after we went on a submarine excursion. Supposed to be a 2 hour excursion but most of that time was spent taking us to and from the submarine on a boat. We were probably in sub about an hour. The sub was nice, clean, and modern. We explored the reef which was pretty but couldn't see much as the water was not clear and there were not a lot of fish to look at. Kind of disappointing and not what I expected as we expected to see more fish.Thursday was a day at sea. Now here's my comments on the ship. The seats in the dining room (Spirit dining room) were dirty/stained. The menu seemed somewhat less fancy and with fewer selections than previous cruises. The wait staff (at our table at least) were not as friendly or helpful. The cabin was ok. We wanted to get a drink at the bar with a souvenir glass and was told we had to go to the pool bar to get one. We went there and was told we had to order off a certain menu in order to get the souvenir glass. They should make it so that you can order any drink and just pay a little extra for the glass. I think that's how it used to be years ago but not sure. Getting on and off the ship was a breeze, no problems there. Getting to the Port of Miami can be a little tricky but parking at the terminal was easy. Getting out, not so easy as there is construction.
Carnival Imagination Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4A205
The drains in our cabin (sink and shower) did not drain very well. The shower flooded the entire bathroom every time we used it. I also did not like the trundle bed option and preferred to have the 3rd bed as a pull-down/overhead bunk or some other fixed option.

Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
We loved the Butterfly Conservatory. However, it can be a little pricey unless you have a discount coupon or something. The bus drivers have discount coupons but I bought a butterfly scarf at one of the shops (a butterfly shop) where we first got off the shuttle coming from the boat and she gave me 3 discount coupons that gave us admission for $6.50 each which was a good deal. I believe normal adult admission is somewhere around $18.
Port
Getting to the port can be a little tricky. Parking was easy but getting out was not so easy as there was construction going on. Other than that, it's a good port.
Read 1,117 Miami Reviews
Published 11/29/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Imagination Review
Carnival Imagination Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?