Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Spheers: Transatlantic on Mariner of the Seas

Spheers
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Mariner of the Seas Transatlantic Cruises

Transatlantic on Mariner of the Seas

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Other

I did not know what to expect of a trans Atlantic crossing with a number of sea days. There was nothing to worry about. I had a blast. Then there were all the freinds I made with Cruise Critic.

I have noticed Royal Carribean has cut back on a few items and is now charging for some things that were free like sodas but in this day and age they probably need to do that to continue providing cruises that we enjoy.

The rooms on Mariner of the Seas were the quietest I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. The sizes and service was what I have grown accustomed to but I never once heard my neighbors.

I also love cruising toward the west. Those extra 1 hour time changes were a treat and a blessing when needing that extra hour of sleep.

Again thank you Cruise Critic. You adopted me at he Sonya Hotel in Rome a week before we got aboard ship. I have never made so many freinds so fast and now I am a happy member as well.

Later-Loren Less

Read more Mariner of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Mariner of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 8 9283

Room 9283. It was a delight. I never heard hall noises or next door cabin occupants. I slept like a baby. The room was small as I expected. Don't drop your soap in the shower it is not easy to get back but again as expected. This room also had no loud venues like the theater near it, over it or under it. If on this ship again I will look for this room.

A very nice comfortable stop It is the home and exile of Napoleon. I liked the history and connection to France.

A very nice costal city. If shopping and eating is you thing there is plenty of choices here. They also have several vistor destinations to take in.

I walked the city from side to side and top to bottom. I enjoyed seeing how the people lived. And as always talked to some very nice people.

Snorkeling

(5)
A good reef with clear water taken there by a sturdy catamaran. The harbor views were very nice. They too provided a nice Bahama punch. I had to walk a few miles to shake off the punch of the punch.

City Tour

(4)
Not my favorite tour but we were there when some stores and places were closing. However a friend and I had a great time at an out of the way bar and restaurant eating Tapas and local liqueurs. The bartender had a good time as well giving us free samples of his favorite drinks.

The local guide enjoyed telling us about his city as much as we liked hearing it. The wine room with its barrels was fantastic. There were no baby samples here. Everyone got their fill of cheese, bread, meats and of course many wines. I also bought a few local liqueurs I tasted there liked enough to want more.
Read 208 Tenerife Reviews