Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Ettamae01

Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: GS
See More About: Carnival Magic Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Disappointed....
This was the third Carnival Cruise we have taken. The other three were on RCCL. The reason we booked this particular cruise is that we live in TX, and did not have to fly anywhere. We simply drove to Galveston. It's a beautiful ship, but the layout is odd. I'm not sure if any demographic "studies" are done before the cruise, but I think they need to understand the average age of the passengers, and where they are from. If I had to guess, 3/4 of the ship was from Texas. So what kind of music did they play on the Lido deck until almost the last day? Hip Hop.....I'm not a huge country music fan, but when they did play the occasional Garth Brooks song, the deck went nuts!!

The Serenity, "adults only" area is quite nice. But get there early as it fills up fast! We may have missed something, but as far as we could tell, the only way to get to that deck was via steps. That left all the folks using walkers, wheel chairs, and canes out. And on this voyage, that was a lot of people.

The Red Frog Pub is great. Get to the shows early - like an hour, unless you want to stand.

The medical staff is horrible. I was sick as a dog the first day, and that has never happened to me before on a cruise. In my heart of hearts, I really believe I got some bad food. When we went to deck zero for help, I was told to fill out a form and they would not let me off the ship the next day. Needless to say, I left the form on the counter and we walked out. And don't expect any privacy...when the nurse took me in the exam room, she left the door wide open so basically everyone in the waiting area could here our conversation.

The new terminal in Houston (Seabrook) is getting two ships - Princess in 2013 and NCL in 2014. I think we may opt for one of those two next.....

Publication Date: 11/29/12