“Much Improved!!”
Cruise review of Ruby Princess

stasut Ruby Princess 4 Much Improved!!
stasut
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Cruise started very shaky. The day before the cruise I received an e-mail advising that due to illness, the CDC was contacted and met the ship when it docked in Ft. Lauderdale. It was controlled chaos at the port. However, Princess did everything possible to keep us comfortable while we waited. The last passengers finally got on board around 6 pm. Overall I ended up sitting for about 3 hrs. I have Platinum Status so we were able to board early. Food - The food in the MDR was excellent. It was a huge improvement for the last few cruises I have been on with Princess. Service - The bar staff in the Sky Walkers lounge were great. Actually, I felt the service was exceptional in all areas of the ship from the MDR stuff to the International Cafe. Space - I never felt crowded on this ship. Don't ask me why because it was filled to capacity. The Horizon Court was a pleasure for breakfast and lunch. On past trips I felt like it was hand to hand combat to find a table. The International Cafe was equally as nice. Never once did I walk around for 30 mins looking for a clean table. The entertainment venue were never overcrowded. Kudos!! Entertainment - The entertainment was enjoyable. I have grown a little tired of the same production shows. This trip the on board entertainment was much improved. Ports - St. Maarten and St. Thomas were nice. A good place to send 1/2 day walking around. Grand Turks was a waste of time. There is absolutely nothing there. It was pitiful. Save your money and walk around the shops at the pier.
Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

EP336

City Tour
Tour was awful. However, spoke to the Excursion Desk when I returned to the ship. I nicely explained my experience with the tour company. That night I received a letter crediting me 1/2 of the charge. I believe I was treated fairly and I was more than satisfied with the response.
Published 11/29/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Ruby Princess Review
Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?