Carnival Glory Cruise Review by KARLATX: GOOD TIME ON GLORY

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Bahamas Cruises

GOOD TIME ON GLORY

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Bahamas

There were good and annoying things about the cruise so lets start with the good.
Got to Port of Miami at 11:00 am and got on board quick and easy,we did all of our pre boarding stuff on line so all they did was take pictures,did quick id verification and that's it on to the buffet.
DH went to the buffet on Lido deck and I ran up to Longboards for Bouillabaisse and Fish and Chips both were good and after Hubby saw my Bouillabaisse he got a bowl and loved it.We ate upstairs in longboard because the lido deck dining area was crowded and we wanted lunch with a water view and that's exactly what we got as a matter of fact we were the only people sitting up there and it was wonderful.
Waite staff upstairs cleared our plates offered to get us drinks etc very attentive.
After buffet we wanted to find out were and how to get to the Spa hot tubs so off we went to the Spa.Got there and they quickly directed us to their spa tour.Saw the Acupuncture Lady found out you don't even More feel the pins go in learned something new.Next stop the beauty shop.They ask for 2 models to volunteer 1 man 1 woman so hubby and I volunteered.He loved the free facial and shave a 60 dollar value and I absolutely without a doubt loved my hair and scalp oil treatment and blow out a 110 dollar value for free.My hair was so shiny,soft and moved beautifully.I have African American hair and had not had a relaxer done since May, way over due so this was the perfect treat to start our cruise.
We had a balcony room with a small fridge which we had to get the steward to unlock in order to use it.the room appeared to be bigger than the one we had on destiny we enjoyed it stewards were very friendly and don't ask me how they remembered our names.bed was okay not as comfy as on the Sensation.Room location was close to elevators to getting on and off ship was quick and easy at our elevator access.Noise want bad if your a light sleeper this isn't the room for you.We had no trouble sleeping.
We had late reservations for Emeralds the steakhouse for 9:30 pm,I don't usually eat this late but this was the only time they had unless we wanted to dine Friday which is lobster night in the main dining room.
Got hungry around 5:30 and the burgers at Guys on lido deck were smelling good we got one to split for a snack while waiting on our steak house resv and omg that was the best burger.I haven't had a burger that taste like that since I was a little girl,needless to say lunch daily was at Guys and I'm not a big burger lover.
Partied in the lounge to some Salsa music before dinner and white hot disco afterwards everyone there was friendly and dancing all over the place and just having a good time.
Dinner in the steak house was very good I had Chilean sea bass and hubby had the lamb chops,all large portions all good as well as creamed spinach and bread.Dessert was humongous and they gave us a take out for the cheese cake to go back to our room.As others have said free bottle of wine if you book steak house on first night of cruise it was wonderful.
Lobster night Friday was good hubby had 3 tails I had prime rib well done,yes that's the way I eat my beef,it was tender ,hot and delicious.Dessert not so good I had an apple puff or tart type dessert it was very cold and tasteless.
matradie was great we were originally assigned a group table of maybe 10 people we said no way it our anniversary so matradie gave us private table for 2.
Friday port was Nassau I had been there before so we walked around had drinks on the beach,weather was wonderful and we enjoyed it.
Had coffee in bed by room service and ran up to lido for omelets to bring back to room they were very good line was short and this was at about 10:00 am ate on balcony and enjoyed.
Saturday was Freeport very boring nothing really to do if you don't snorkel or shop to you drop and the straw market.Senior Frogs was kicking but there wasn't enough room to dance area small and the DJ was trying to get everyone to do the cupid shuffle.
Late night after the partying we got pizza off the back lido deck very good eating.
The bad on the cruise was the hot tubs were always crowed and the water freezing cold and they never opened the spa hot tub.
Other than that great cruise! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Upper 6273

We had a balcony room with a small fridge which we had to get the steward to unlock in order to use it.The room appeared to be bigger than the one we had on Destiny and we enjoyed it.Stewards were very friendly and don't ask me how but they remembered our names.Bed was okay not as comfy as on the Sensation.Room location was close to elevators so getting on and off ship was quick and easy at our elevator access.Noise wasn't bad but if your a light sleeper this isn't the room for you.We had no trouble sleeping. Balcony was great for relaxing in private and we left our balcony door open every night to listen to the ocean and feel the cool breeze come in it was great weather to snuggle in.Bathroom was okay great hot water and shower pressure bathroom freebies were a nice touch-toothpaste Garnier shampoo and conditioner ,shaver etc.

Didn't car for Freeport had to pay 10 dollars to go into town to straw market,
Read 771 Freeport Reviews

Nice beaches,beautiful weather enjoyed relaxing and drinking on the beach
Read 2607 Nassau Reviews