Carnival Elation Cruise Review by RMSugarfoot

Embarkation: New Orleans
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 4E
Cabin Number: E101
See More About: Carnival Elation Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        10-12 3.0
        13-15 2.0
        16+ 2.0

Tired Ship - Needs work
The boarding process in New Orleans was fast and painless. The staff was efficient, helpful and well organized. Much faster than Miami. Thank You Carnival for that.

The ship is beautiful to see. The atrium is amazing and lovely, but there are many things wrong with this ship.

1. Some of the elevators did not work right during the entire five days. One glass elevator was always messed up with doors closing, but no movement. Then when you hit the open button to leave, it would take off to the floor. Scary.

Some of the main elevators acted squirrely as well. The recording announcing the floors is in dire need of an update.

2. Although we brought hygeine stuff, we did not get a single freebie in the bathroom during the entire trip. Not a thing.

3. Everywhere we looked, we saw painted had beed scratched off of surfaces. It seems like it would be a full time job just keeping the fake stained glass painted. The hot tubs were also chipped and flaking off. The old girl needs a new dress or something.

4. The food was typical Carnival food, but my biggest gripe is that I never got a potato that was cooked all the way. From fried to baked, they were still half raw. I loved the deli grilled sandwiches. Good job guys.

5. We were a party of seven and they seated us at a six person table, so one of us had to sit in a chair on the end and block the aisle every single night. Our wait staff were friendly, but very inefficient. We seldom got all of our meals together and usually they had forgotten something. Like my half raw baked potato. They gave us one glass and we could fill it with water or tea. We had to ask for a water glass.

6. My daughter was performing in the Legend's Show on the final night and for some reason, they still allow people to reserve nearly an entire row in the Mikado. I wish they would be more vigilant about that stuff.

7. The gold by the inch guy was so annoying with tapping the microphone and yelling into it. I always buy a lot of silver on the ship, but didn't buy any this time because he was so rude with the mike and he was mean to his assistant. I saw him hit him on the back of the head when I was in line to look at the chains.

8. They normally have pull down bunks for the third person in a cabin. Nope, they gave my 10 year old grandaughter a trundle bed with a saggy mattress and it was about 2 inches off of the floor.

9. Although Carnival automatically signed up the teens to O2 Club, when they went to the gathering place, they kicked them out because they said they weren't signed up. What gives?

Positives:

1. Wait staff on the Lido deck were not lazy and cleaned the tables quickly.

2. Deli bar = Yummmmm Salad bar = Good stuff

3. DJ was great and gave us some great dance music.

4. The Karaoke Guy was funny and amazing. He loves his job and it shows.

5. Cabin Steward was great and earned his tip.

6. Lady in the $10 store was so sweet and friendly.

I plan another cruise next year, but I won't go on Elation again.

Publication Date: 11/29/12