Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Kajunswty

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Kajunswty
Carnival Fascination
Cabin Category: 6D
Cabin Number: U179
Rates 5+

Fascination
This was a last minute cruise for us, we sailed on the Fascination 11/15/12 out of Jacksonville. Sailaway weather was very windy and overcast. The ports were Nassau and Freeport. The last afternoon of the cruise the captain told us we would be late arriving into port because of a weather system. We had some rough seas but I've sailed with worse. Our scheduled time back was 7 am and they called the first self assist deck at 11 am.

I'd sailed this ship in Jan and did a few of the things I hadn't found time for the first time. Thoroughly enjoyed tea time in the piano bar and putt putt as we were sailing away from Freeport. I wanted to checkout the new guy at the piano bar but never made it in the evening. And I also didn't get a chance to find Tommy (bartender) who at the atrium bar last time to say hi. I was told he was at the aft bar near Serenity but I kept missing him. We enjoyed sushi every night before our 6 pm dinner in Sensation dining room. Our table was 133 and we had a wonderful wait staff as well as really nice table neighbors.

Our cabin was U179 and I was pleasantly surprised with the location. We ended up changing the bed placement twice, once so that my mom and I had separation between the beds. Then again on the last night because my mom and daughter weren't feeling well and the beds were facing the wrong direction. Once we rearranged the room they were able to sleep through the night and no one was sick, thankfully!

We enjoyed the ports, Freeport more than Nassau. Paid $10 at the Radisson in Freeport for a wristband that included the beach & pool area as well as bathrooms. Would do that again in a heartbeat!

Breakfast: The first day we opted for the dining room and it was just ok. After that we went to Lido. I enjoy the selection there better and seating wasn't an issue on this sailing.

Lunch: We only had dining room lunch one day to use our free drink coupon. Service was good and there were several bar waiters there so it wasn't a hassle to use the coupon.

Dinner: With the exception of several tables of cruisers who decided they would arrive whenever they pleased for dinner we really enjoyed our time in the dining room. It really annoyed me that these people could be so rude as to walk in at 7 for a 6 oclock seating.

I found the entertainment lacking but we don't cruise to be entertained so it wasn't that big of a deal. I'm not fond of the CD (same guy from the Jan cruise) but to each his own. He's the only CD in my 19 CCL cruises who made the Newlywed game not funny. I watched the hairy chest contest on TV while working out and that had me shaking my head as well LOL

I meant this to be the "short" version as I'm working a more detailed play by play review to post later. I'll summarize by saying if you want the best bang for your buck you can't beat a Carnival cruise especially out of Jacksonville. If you're looking for a party crowd I would suggest sailing out of my home port New Orleans. As my daughter noticed there weren't very many party people on our sailing. Which was a good thing once we hit rough seas HAHAHA

Happy Sails