Carnival Victory Cruise Review by msinden88

Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 8A

Awesome Intinerary
We sailed on the Carnival Victory this past week. We were a little weary at first, considering November is still considered hurricane season...let me say, DON'T BE AFRAID TO SAIL THIS TIME OF YEAR. We had beautiful weather, very little rain, lots of sun! Embarked in San Juan.

We embarked the ship in no time and our room was ready right away. We spent the afternoon orienting ourselves to the ship, had lunch and kicked back before our safety drill scheduled for later that evening. If there's one thing they could change about the safety drill is maybe have it earlier and INSIDE where it's air conditioned. It was so hot standing outside on deck considering I still had long pants on since our luggage had not yet arrived in our room. Speaking of luggage, it took them FOREVER to get it to our room. We got on the ship around 3pm and we didn't get all of our luggage until midnight. This surprised me. I sailed with Princess Cruises in February and they had our luggage in our room before us! Also, one of my friends luggage wound up on the wrong floor which took a search brigade to find it...not much help from crew either.

Our room steward was good at giving us fresh towels each day, turning our beds over, and making sure things were clean. Our only complaint was that he did not give us our luggage tags for debarkation and considering our luggage had to be out by midnight made things a bit chaotic in terms of packing! We had to go down to guest services, which had a mile long line up with people paying off their on board accounts. My complaints re: room servicing was that they only provided wine glasses the first day and there is no fridge in the room so you're constantly asking for ice. Carnival Victory is in need of some modernization in terms of modern conveniences (new TV, fridge in room, and updated hair dryer). Overall, we were comfortable in our room. Loved our balcony. Wouldn't cruise without one. As long as you have a clean safe place to stay at night, that's all that really matters...at least that was our motto.

Food was decent, however I think the food was better on Princess Cruise lines. I liked how the menu in the dining room changed each day and that they offered their popular dishes on a regular basis. Dancers in the main dining rooms were fun. We had good service overall, no real complaints here.

The shows were actually pretty good! Especially the singers and dancers in the Caribbean Lounge. The comedians were pretty funny. Overall, on board entertainment was good.

What made this trip was the itinerary! San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten...only one day at sea! It doesn't get any better than that. Beautiful weather. We booked several excursions through Carnival and all were exceptional. Worth the money spent.

Unfortunately, our room was situated around some VERY LOUD people, which was annoying at times. Also, I found there to be A LOT of rude and pushy passengers on this ship, which was a rude awakening after having sailed with Princess. This fact may be just coincidence though. I didn't let it ruin my trip.

All and all we enjoyed this cruise very much. I don't think I'd sail on the Carnival Victory again (it needs to be dry docked and updated a bit). I would however sail with Carnival again.

Publication Date: 11/26/12