Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Ernie Carlton: Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Carnival Glory 5
Ernie Carlton

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: May 2005
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We took two granddaughters on the Carnival Glory because of the age group that Carnival seems to cater to. They enjoyed the cruise although we were less than enthusiastic about it.

The entertainment was outstanding but not what I would call family entertainment. However, my wife liked the male strippers. The balcony cabin was great and a great value at $750 per person.

The food in the dining room left a lot to be desired. It looks like Carnival has lowered the quality of the dining room to get more people to pay The "nominal" $30 a head to eat in their alternative dining room. The lobster was tough and the beef dishes were almost inedible. Thank goodness they had pizza and ice cream 24/7. To sum it up, if you are over senior adults who would like a chance at the pool or hot tub go Holland America.

I have never had a really bad cruise and this was the fourth cruise year and 30th in the last six years and Carnival rates at the bottom of my list. That said, More when I take my other grandkids for a cruise it will probably be Carnival. As for me and my wife of 52 years, we will take HAL over all the rest. Less

Published 07/21/05