“First time on Celebrity”
Cruise review of Celebrity Eclipse

OurWay2Go Celebrity Eclipse 4 First time on Celebrity
OurWay2Go
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Sorry to say -- I was disappointed. It was our third cruise -- our first on Celebrity and probably our last. We chose it mainly because of the high rating. Some long-time Celebrity cruisers admitted that this cruise was not up to par. Our room, storage space and balcony seemed small in comparison to RCI & Carnival. But, the bed was very comfortable -- a saving grace. We ate in the main dining room every evening and usually for breakfast. Our head waiter, Alfie, was excellent and catered to our needs. We are not picky eaters. Some entrees were better than others, but on the whole I wouldn't rave about dinner. Breakfast was nice if you sat at a table for two, but service at a large table was an hour of waiting to be served. Again, the food was good, not excellent. The Oceanview Cafe -- (the buffet in other words). In the self-serve drink area, if you didn't slip on the wet floor, your shoes stuck in the sugary spills. One time, there was red juice spilled all over and I sat in it and ruined my white shorts. The window sills were filthy. DH loved the fried fish and chips. I thought the pizza was terrible. To make a fresh salad, you had to go to 3 different stations for variety. The AquaSpa Cafe had very nice steamed or grilled fresh salmon or tuna with a salad selection. Room Service -- We used room service for a late afternoon snack. The selection was poor, but the cheese and crackers were the worst. Imagine, American cheese slices and Keebler crackers -- was I in daycare? Another time we had minuscule chicken wings -- I didn't know they made them that tiny! The theater--was very nice with comfortable seating. We enjoyed the acrobats, the comedian/magician and the musical variety shows. Seminars -- something not found on every line! We enjoyed the seminar on "Pirates", the Apple I-Pad and the one on Navigation. We didn't take any "tours". Getting off the ship was not as easy as getting on. Waiting until 9:30am and then having to stand in very long lines was tiring. Our luggage was easy to find. Customs went smoothly. Our Park n Go van was right there to take us back to our car. We are doing 4 cruises this winter and hope for better on the next three.
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Veranda 2A

Port
I did some "tourist" shopping at Al Cohan's which is straight ahead as you get off the ship. The $5.00 carry bags are still a great buy. Good place to buy a tee shirt or a beach cover-up. All good prices. It was so hot & humid that we just went back to the ship.
Read 3,413 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 11/27/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Eclipse Review
Celebrity Eclipse Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?