Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Stella777

Cabin Category: 8E
Public Rooms Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

My Carnival Pride Adventure
Embark Day: Got to the port at 11:30, ship was late coming in so didn't get aboard until 2pm. While waiting in the waiting area, they had the dog and his handler going through the aisles and the dog tagged the guy across from me. They took him away and found nothing. Never saw anything like that before. He later returned and told us that the security people said that the dog sometimes tags the wrong person.

Port Canaveral:

After three days at sea we arrived at our first stop which was Port Canaveral. I stayed on board and enjoyed the whirlpool and swimming pool. Didn't feel like going to NASA or Disney places.

Nassau:Again stayed on board, so no details.

Freeport:

Got off and stayed local because we were going to leave at 1pm. So we only had about 5 hours to do anything. I stayed local as there were shops and music playing right there. Some people went on tours. This was a refueling spot for the ship.

Cabins:

I had a balcony and the shower was all that I could ask for with the curtain curving away from you and not touching you at all, that's what I'm talking about!

Shows:

I watched the carnival dancers do a routine of the 70's dances. I also saw an adult comedy show and the comedian whose name I can't remember kept apologizing that he wasn't on his "A Game", and for us to not report him to Carnival. His performance stunk and there were just a few laughs.

Food:

Nothing to write home to Mama about. I had My Time Dining and requested to be seated with other people but was seated by myself mostly so went to the Windjammer after a few times.Meals at both places were lukewarm except for the omelets which were plenty hot and I loved that. I could have gone to David's Steakhouse with a fella I met on board if I had thought about it but didn't, oh well. I heard people raving about it and that they served a five course meal.

Staff:

The staff on the Pride was exceptional. Lots of smiles and greetings. Remembering you by your name.Literally went the extra mile to make your life aboard fun, comfortable and exciting.

Otherwise:

I met a lot of interesting people. The fella I mentioned was named Wayne and followed me around like a lost puppy, it was kinda cute really. I ran into some line dancers who were everywhere showing and teaching people to line dance since we had a lot of line music going on.There were a lot of activities to do throughout the day and again I missed the Quest,darn it.Don't know where I was at the time, so can't give any details about that.

We were suppose to dock in Baltimore at 9am, then it got pushed to 12 noon because the captain said we were battling high winds,swells and turbulence due to the storm we were experiencing on the way back. Then another announcement pushed us to back to 2pm which we finally did dock. It was rough coming back and I never felt so dizzy in my life. You felt like you were riding in an elevator that kept dropping up and down and some sideways motion. I didn't get sick as did others but just really dizzy. I was never so glad to get docked that I could have kissed the ground when I got off the Pride around 3:30.

Publication Date: 11/25/12