Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by xenagurl: 3rd time on the Jade - looking forward to the 4th.

xenagurl
Member Since 2010
2,249 Posts

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jade Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

3rd time on the Jade - looking forward to the 4th.

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

This was my 6th and (possibly) final Norwegian cruise of the year.

While I wouldn't say that I had a favorite ship in the Norwegian Cruise Line fleet I just finished with my 3rd trip on the Jade and had even more fun than the previous 2 times, and frankly those other two times were pretty hard to beat! So perhaps I really do have a favorite.

I arrived at the port early on the 31st, checked in and was on board within minutes which is really key to getting on any ship right away. People that whine about waiting on lines just don't feel like getting started early enough to be at the port before the "madding crowd".

In 10 days I feel as if I lived a month. There was so much to do in port and plenty of fun to be had on the ship. In fact I truly looked forward to sea days in order to get rest and save up some energy (when I wasn't dancing the night away) for the ports. The truth is that even with airfare you're getting an extreme value for the money. You'd spend 5 More times more to see all of these places in this amount of time on a land only vacation.

I rented a car in Katakalon and explored with some fellow ship mates, took the Hoho bus in Athens, and went on tours from Izmir and Alexandria.

It's truly a shame that this itinerary is off of the roster until next year. The people of Egypt are wonderful and welcoming (my second visit there and I've never felt uncomfortable) and Giza, Saqqara and Memphis are places worth visiting at least once in your life.

There were no waits for dinner. I/we were always seated within seconds of arriving, both at the MDRs and fee restaurants.

MY only request of NCL corporate is to bring back the Salmon pizza at the Italian restaurants. I vaguely considered throwing myself in the drink when I realized that wasn't available anymore ;)

Drink were yummy, and prepared well. I'd advise hitting Happy Hour 2 for 1 specials and the "Tastings" ie. Martini etc.

It was too cool for me to use the pool as in fairness it would have to be a consistent 90 degrees outside, but that didn't stop fellow passengers that were often congregated by the pool and many in the pool.

The goal was to get to the spa but that never happened because somehow 10 days goes by really fast.

The Jade is a lovely ship with a warm, friendly crew, great staff and amazing officers. I had a chance to be on board with Concierge Carlos Zarate for a 2nd time as well a Cruise Director Gary Glading and Captain Kim Karlsson for a 3rd. Mirsad Bucuk was Hotel Director and while I'd not met him before hopefully I'll meet him again on another cruise as his happy disposition is catching! I don't think he went anywhere without a smile.

Until the next time Jade! Less