Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Mkrier: No pride on the Carnival Pride

No pride on the Carnival Pride

Sail Date: November 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My husband, Son, (1.5 year old) and I cruised the Pride in November out of Baltimore. I am not one to ever have the time to write a review or the type who likes to complain. As soon as we walked on the ship and saw the awful decor I told my husband to suck it up and look past it.. as this was going to be our home for the next 7 nights...

Trying to look past the awful decor rude staff and trashy people on board the ship was not possible.

The ship has NOTHING but pools on it. If you have kids they will get board quickly. They do offer kids clubs and a paid service which we tried because my son missed the cut off for the kids club... We dropped him off and stayed and watched the monitors in the hallway... My son sat in the corner by himself playing while the staff laid on the floor a room away from him talking and ignoring him.. Needless to stay we took him out.

We had a balcony room that was OK a good amount of space but extremely dirty.. Dust EVERYWHERE More stains on the bed and cigarette burns in the awful orange couch. We requested a crib for my son BIG MISTAKE. It came dirty with stains all over it.

Our room attendant was very pushy and extremely annoying. The first night he knocked on our door and proceeded to open the door to give us ice.. I was changing and my husband told him and tried closing the door but he pushed it right open seeing me and my 7 months pregnant body in its glory:) Needless to say he was on my shit list for the rest of the trip.

The food was good to great in the dining room.. Buffet was hit or miss. The service in the dining room was not so great. We would wait sometimes a half hour to even get bread on our table let alone place an order. Anyone that has children knows that time is limited when eating and this was not something that was understood by them.

The Gym was beautiful and probably the cleanest spot on the ship. I did check out the spa and had a few services done which were AMAZING!

Leaving out of MD was convenient but staying on the ship for 7 nights and only getting off 3 times was torture. Not to mention our ship was delayed coming home by 6 hours.. Stay FAR away from the Pride please!! Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Main

A lot of space.. but DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY!!