Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by BBUDDAMAN: Nice Relaxing Cruise

Overall Member Rating

Nice Relaxing Cruise

Sail Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Other

Arrived at Port Canaveral aoround 11 Am but actually waited inside the terminal for about another Hour and a half due to the fact that some people from the prior cruise had come down with the Noro Virus and the ship was undergoing a complete scrub down. After boarding the luggage was up to the room within a couple of hours.
We had my time dining and had really a fantastic waiter (Coleen) and Assistant Waiter (Juan). These 2 people just could not do enough for you and were very prompt and courteous. Amazingly enough the food on this cruise in the dining room was very good compared to many other cruises with RCI.

This ship has Chops Grille which is just outstanding and excellent service (we had a waiter named Milenkovic, who was outstanding). If you enjoy a good steak, try this place. There is an extra service charge in going to Chops (which I really dont agree with) but I must say it was worth the money.

The entertainment on the ship was pretty good and be sure to More see the magical show which was unbelievable ( very good).

We got off the ship in St Thomas and St Martin and walked around for a short period of time and stayed aboard in Co Co Cay. In CoCo Cay there are different times that the waters have jelly fish, so be aware.

While we were on the ship I bought a wrist watch at one of their sales on the Promenade and later that day I checked my account on the TV in the room and noticed that I was charged TWICE for the watch. I went to the Pursers desk and then had to go to the jewlery store on board to straighten the matter out. It was an error with the equipment not the salesperson, charging me twice. It is a good idea to check your account on your TV before your departure date. If you wait to late, you will be standing on a line to the Pursers Desk for quite a while.

It is a good idea to make your reservations for dining and any extras before you board the ship. ( This could save you a lot of headaches). Less

Published 11/25/12

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: E2 Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Balcony was a nice size compared to other RCI ships. Shower in the bathroom is a small capsule which is horrible,cannot move inside. You can hear people in adjacent cabins. Could better insulate against this. The cabins with balconys could be made bigger to give you a little bit more room.

Read All Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (E2) Reviews >>
Member Since 2010
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X