“Nothing has changed”

Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
sailed on the paradise leaving 11/12/12 out of Tampa. We did this ship over Memorial day on the four day trip. Just my wife and I this was here reward for letting me play in a senior softball tournament the weekend before the cruise. drove up from Naples Florida on Morning dropped the rental and off to the cruise terminal. This cruise made us platinum carnival cruisers. Tried to check in at the VIP area the carnival employees there acted like they had never heard of what we were talking about.The line was not long so I said to my wife to forget it and checked in with the regular people. The lady behind the counter noticed our status and was outstanding. She checked us in and walked us to the head of the line to board the ship it actually was a little embarrassing. On to the Lido for lunch. No problem with lines or seats. The ship did not seem to be full. As you would expect this time of year very few children. My wife and I are not considered young anymore but on this cruise we felt like we were as the crowd was definitely mostly "older" For those who sail Carnival you know what to expect and this cruise was no different. Same shows, same jokes, same food. It was a nice relaxing five days but its what you make of it. Service was great by the room steward. Dining room waiter Praseh was outstanding. He is a real professional. The ports of call are grand Cayman and Cozumel. we love Cozumel you can do anything you want there. We try to go to Paradise Beach. The pool is great. Its right on the beach only $2 to get a lounge chair and use the facilities. Which include bathrooms, changing rooms,very clean, good food and great service. The only complaint is the drinks seemed to be watered down this time around.If its correct not a good reputation to have. This was the most non- gambling cruise I have ever seen. The casino was dead the whole trip. That was a sure sign to stay out of there. I should have listened. The CD was Steve Cassel who is a talented guy.As CD`s go he was as I expected on a Carnival cruise. Debark was breeze and back home again.
Carnival Paradise Cruises to the Western Caribbean
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Paradise Review
Carnival Paradise Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?