Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Grumpy100: Wow is all I can say - Allure of the Seas

Grumpy100
Member Since 2010
1,724 Posts

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wow is all I can say - Allure of the Seas

Sail Date: November 2012

We left for the port of Ft. Lauderdale at 10:00 am after picking up our friends and arrived at the port at approx. 10:45 am. We found the right pier, dropped our bags and went into the line to check in. We were checked in in less than 5 minutes. We got our pictures taken and then we went to the group of people to wait for our group to be called to board. In less than 10 minutes we boarded and made our way up to the Windjammer to eat lunch. When we finished we explored the ship a little and were able to get into our cabins by 12:45 pm. Our bags were already at our cabins, which amazed us. First time for that one.

We unpacked and then walked around the ship and waited for our sailaway which we have done many times before but it was nice. It had already started to get dark so the pictures did not turn out that good. We had My time dining so we opted to get to the dining room around 5:45 PM each night and never had to wait at all. We ended up sitting at the same table More for all of the nights except for the one night we did a specialty restaurant. We had two fabuluous waiters and enjoyed their great service and company throughout the cruise.
The next morning we got to Nassau and it was very windy but we had good weather.
We enjoyed the boardwalk, the central park and promenade area with all of the shops and specialty restaurants.

We were amazed at the great service that we had by all on this wonderful ship.

I could find no fault whatsoever on this ship except one night our toilets would not flush but they had it fixed withing two hours.

The food was wonderful and tasty in the Adiago main dining room and my tablemates enjoyed the lobster and fish menus almost every night. I liked everything except the chicken was just OK as far as I was concerned. We went to the Viking lounge one night and listened to the piano music and had a drink.

The rising tide bar was really neat as you sat there and were raised up three levels to the Central park area as you drank your drink. We did not use the climbing wall, the surfing area or the pools but they looked wonderful.

They also had zip lining but did not use either or them.

We enjoyed St. Thomas, Nassau and St. Martin as our ports.

Overall it was a fabuluous cruise and we all enjoyed ourselves and were totally amazed at this ship and all the different things that they offered.

We definitely would do another cruise on this great ship especially since I know how to get around and know where everything is. The gym was very large and offered many different things.

ROYAL CARIBBEAN we will be back. It was amazing.
The disembarkation was the fastest we have ever encountered. We did the self disembarkation and were off the ship at 6:16 am and home in West Palm Beach by 7:15 am. Amazing.... Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 8302

We had cabin 8302 on the port side, deck 8 and it was a great location. There was plenty of hangers for your clothes and plenty of storage space for all of our other clothes. The only thing I found inadequate was the small shower. If you are a large person you would have a hard time fitting into it.

We took a taxi to Paradise Island and went to Atlantis and walked around. It was very nice.
Read 2607 Nassau Reviews

I found this to be the nicest port of all the others. It had been redone so we had to walk to get to the main shopping area. We just walked around and bought a few things and had a couple of drinks on the water. It was 90 degress or more and very hot so we took the water taxi back to the ship.
Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews